Sunday, January 25, 2015

Things in life will ebb and flow...you just have to go with it!

Its a hard thing to learn to adjust to. ESPECIALLY if you are kind of a control freak. Not everything is going to be on and consistent all of the time. I am learning to flex more...it may or may not be working :)

I am trying to embrace this. 

My goal for today is to be kind of brief..post alot of photos and maybe not so many words.

WEEK ONE of The Lurong Resolution Challenge is in the books.
It went by so fast. The WOD was pretty rough-I will be looking forward to see if I can improve at the end.  

Week 2 started during week 1. Bountiful Basket was awesome. I had to gift the corn and potatoes away- some carrots and a few tomatoes- a little too much produce for me and I hate to waste it.




Jo's clean example
My example
FOOD PREP IS SO IMPORTANT!!! I can't it stress enough. Its ALOT of work. I get it. And if you are busy-food prep can be very daunting. I get that as well - but if you can squeeze in the time to do it you will it can be as organized or as simple as you want- here is an example- my layout on the right <------ Jo's on the left   -------------------->
Here is kind of how I lay things out for the week - the menu is good and pretty simple. I changed a few things around but I am loving not having to plan my own menu- call me lazy- I call it a nice break for a super busy gal. I lay out the shopping list-the menu and I mark off things that I wont need- I had quite a few items still so I wanted to make sure not to duplicate!





Here is my Costco and store run. I had plenty of avocados from last week but I have noticed that right now its taking a week for them to ripen up.



Wasn't really sure what to think of the breakfast for this week- BLT muffins- I added a few scoops of my salsa (recipe on last weeks blog) and red pepper flakes- I have to have some kick in there. They are pretty damn good!! This also calls for fruit with coconut milk. I am going to try it. I will see if I like it! 


This is gorgeous and delicious
One for fridge one for the freezer
Thanks to my sisters Kat and Liz for sharing this recipe with me for tomato sauce. I think its from Marias blog-there is a link on the right->



I prepped just my chicken for the salad and the bacon wrapped thighs. I liked making the stir fry fresh as well as the salmon-its great left over but I love cooking it fresh! 







This is kind of the finished project- lots of containers and bagged up goodness.  





Well that's about it. I tried to keep it brief it just never really happens.


Just a little family share- our Martin Luther King day dinner celebration- I dont know why this picture just cracks me up




And in closing- I love this. 
Hope everyone has a good week- eat clean and train dirty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment