Sunday, December 15, 2013

New week...Renewed focus...get that crap week behind me!!

I HAD A HORRIBLE EATING WEEK LAST WEEK!!!!! This is true confessions for me. Being ill, working too much and just feeling sick and tired kind of took it's toll on me last week. I got so lazy with food prep and I am paying for it!!! One night I actually just went to In and Out and got a double double protein style. 2 problems-and not a problem for everyone...just a problem for me..it's drenched in cheese and some delicious sauce.
I quickly realized this could put me on a very slippery slope...so here is what my shopping cart looked like this week- eat clean...pretty simple..going to try out a new recipe that's tuna with cucumber and dill pickle relish? should be interesting!

I had an interesting little meltdown this week in regards to candy...which I normally never have a problem with...but here is my warning - stay away from...candy cane and cherry cordial Hershey kisses...AND pretzel and mint M & M's this will be my only warning...EVIL!


Anyway...that was last week and I am putting it behind me and moving on.


Love my folks so much- isn't my Dads hat awesome? 
Had an AWESOME Saturday with my family. We went to Temple Square and then went back to my folks to share memories about my brother Shane. I was bummed that some of our family couldn't be there but this is a CRAZY time of year hard to get so many people in the same space at the same time. It was a great time and I think that some of the younger grand kids got to hear stories and things about Shane that they didn't know before.

FINALLY FINISHED MY CRAFT PROJECT! I am going to be completely honest. I had a much different vision for these bottles but I am happy with how they turned out just the same!








 
 
 
Sweet Miss Scarlet- what can I say? I love this baby girl. So glad her sweet parents keep me posted with all her happenings! She met Santa this weekend and I love this pic!! Thanks so technology I feel like I never miss a thing!! She is getting so big and strong- My kiddos started working out again last week and I get to hog her while they are wodding!! highlight of my life right now!!
 
Lets get down to food business. I have a lot of work to do this week getting my eating back on track. And I found a few recipes that appealed to me. But what I am making for my main staples this week- Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili- thanks PaleOMG- and a cookie sheet tray of meatballs. I also made as a side- one of my favs twice baked cauliflower ( all recipes below)
The Chili- here is what a learned- there is a noticeable difference between regular paprika and smoked paprika- hence the word "smoked" -the only thing I did differently from the OMG recipe was that I just chopped my veggies and onions instead of dicing them-to make it chunky and I added a SEEDED jalapeno. You will see why when you see the ingredients because I am NOT shy about loving my spice.

 
This is not done yet. I started it kind of late BUT I had to test it. My garage smells like a dream right now- this has amazing flavor - cant wait to have it this week!!
Breakfast is going to be simple- I am going to take a little break from spinach with my eggs and sub kale but sticking to what I know until I can get back on track strong.
I also did make a Paleo treat Gingerbread brownies-hoping this will help me when I am feeling the desire for sugar!! I cooked these in a glass pan and I am so SO bummed that the edges burned just a little. While baking these..I felt like I was sitting in a gingerbread house!! They are delicious- I cut them in about 2"x 2" squares and froze them right away. They are delicious. So 2 great recipes from OMG!!
 
 
 
Well welcome to a new week- food is prepped and ready to go. I even went on a freak cleaning frenzy today- so decided that was my theme for the week- CLEAN IF IT KILLS ME!!!
 
I am still struggling getting into the "Christmas Spirit". That is my second focus. To let all of the stress go so that I can truly embrace this wonderful time of year!!
 
Here is wishing everyone a strong week-clean eating and such. Don't let the things that can come with this time of year derail you completely..if you fall down get the HELL right back up..dust yourself off!!! And if it helps...LIFT HEAVY THINGS.....I do.
Have a good week ya'll....Croni...out!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment