Wednesday, December 11, 2013

One year later...I still have so many words....just so little time..

I cant believe it's been a whole year and 2 days ago today that I decided to find a place for all my words via a blog. Don't get me wrong...this is just a very small portion of the things I have to say...but hey..its something.

I looked back over my last years post. MY GOODNESS...so many MANY things have happened! I feel compelled to highlight a few

** I BECAME A GRANNY!!!!!
My sweet Grandbaby Scarlet T McCloyn
** I competed in quite a few CrossFit competitions...and was NOT shy blogging about my accomplishments along with pictures.

** I shared my-what used to be very private to me- before and after story with everyone in blog world-not only did I share mine-I shared several others.

** I learned to love me...and blogged about it....

** I repeatedly professed my unwaivering love for my family, my friends, CrossFit, Food, Paleo..etc..etc.. and I blogged ALOT about it.

** I shared many recipes and photos of food..some were not so appealing!!

** I put a muscle up on my bucket list....it's still there..

** I volunteered for 3 days at the CrossFit Regionals ( my little dream vacation-surrounded by like minded people)..and blogged about it.


That is seriously just a small portion of the things I blogged about. And amazingly...people read my blog. I have an audience..small as it may be of people who appreciate and respect who I am and what I have to say, I do not sugar coat much. I blog about my success' but I am not afraid to talk about my failures. Life is not all candy and roses people! Don't be afraid to talk about what is really going on!

The one regret that I do have ...currently...I just do not really have the time to blog like I used to. Life has come in like a wrecking ball. My job had become kind of demanding and since it pays the bills...I have to give it my focus. So my blogging is suffering. I have to remember there is always a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel....just need to find the tunnel.

I don't have much more time so I want to share ONE thing that was heavy on my mind today. I bought this little saying and wasn't sure what I was thinking when got it...but knew it would find its place in my sweet home somewhere
I have kind of gotten away from traditional Christmas colors. I have gotten away from a traditional Christmas if you will. Sometimes I get so caught up in the commercial part of Christmas that I tend to forget. It took me glancing over-at this saying with my sweet Grandbaby Scarlets picture in the background to kind of slap me into reality. Christmas is the time of year where I struggle the most-but I am realizing why. Its because I have let go of the "tradition" of Christmas. I have given into the material things and I have forgotten what my parents worked so hard to teach me as a child. I am not going to get all religious crazy on you. But I am going to say there is something to be said about remembering what the true meaning of Christmas is.

Since I normally post something inspirational on Wed and do food on Sunday...I wanted to share this today. I feel like I am all over the board. I mostly just wanted to celebrate that I have been blogging for 1 whole year...and I have just barely scratched the surface.

These thoughts and photos are courtesy of JornalMenu-like their FB page if you haven't already
 
Photo: Full speed ahead.

It's that time of year when getting off track or derailed is pretty much as easy as breathing.

Focus on your plans for next year, is it to stay in shape? Make it to Regionals? Qualify for Nationals in weightlifting?

What you do now, the choices you make, the time you put in - it directly effects your performance next month. 

Slacking now is like shooting yourself in the foot later. 

It's only an hour - consider making the time a holiday present to yourself. Consider it a break from the family, the food, the deadlines at work.

Do you know how hard it is to come back from a week off? How sore you will be? How much you will kick yourself for not getting up and doing something...anything?

It's easy to think you aren't losing much when you are sitting on the couch watching  movies for the third night in a row. It's easy to think you are still on track.

But you aren't. 

Stay moving, keep hitting the WOD, make the time. Put in the work now so you start your resolutions off on the right foot.

Crank it up a notch and go full speed ahead.

#crossfit #determination #holidays #wod #resolutions #fitspo #cleaneating #fitness #exercise #fitfam #focus #trainhard

(c) JournalMENU LLC 2013 | www.journalmenu.comFull speed ahead.

It's that time of year when getting off track or derailed is pretty much as easy as breathing.

Focus on your plans for next year, is it to stay in shape? Make it to Regionals? Qualify for Nationals in weightlifting?
...
What you do now, the choices you make, the time you put in - it directly effects your performance next month.

Slacking now is like shooting yourself in the foot later.

It's only an hour - consider making the time a holiday present to yourself. Consider it a break from the family, the food, the deadlines at work.

Do you know how hard it is to come back from a week off? How sore you will be? How much you will kick yourself for not getting up and doing something...anything?

It's easy to think you aren't losing much when you are sitting on the couch watching movies for the third night in a row. It's easy to think you are still on track.

But you aren't.

Stay moving, keep hitting the WOD, make the time. Put in the work now so you start your resolutions off on the right foot.

Crank it up a notch and go full speed ahead.
FULL SPEED AHEAD FOLKS...THE END OF THE YEAR IS QUICKLY APPROACHING.. BELIEVE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE THINGS THAT YOU TRULY BELIEVE IN AND WANT TO ACCOMPLISH..

CRONI...OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment