Sunday, February 16, 2014

Staying on that consistent path...less than 2 weeks to 14.1!!!



What a crazy week!!! So glad another one is behind me....but as time gets behind me.....in front of me...The Open! Hoping that all the attention I am paying to my little aches will payoff and I will be able to compete strong and such! I am finding that being consistent in my focus and eating is paying off...feeling like I am finally really back on track! GO ME!


Love all these pics of this babe and her parents!
Of course I must share pics of my precious Grandbaby! I stole all of these pics but I can't help it. I have to admit-holidays are so much more fun with her in it. She is seriously one happy little girl. I couldn't more proud. Or could I??

Going to get right into food. Here are a few things I picked up this week. Spinach-salad-peppers-mushrooms eggs - chicken thighs rotissiere chicken and stawberries-As you can see-might be a stirfry on the menu!!







I am not in a rush to food prep today since tomorrow is a holiday! YES!! I am sad to say I will be working but happy to say it will be from home and not in the office!!! Thank God!

Soooo...I posted a pic of this on Instagram. Pork Rind crusted buffalo chicken bites. THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE!! I borrowed it from Maria and then just kind of modified it slightly (link to her blog is on my blog roll on the right side of this post Optimal Nutrition) http://optimalnutrition1.blogspot.com/2013/10/pork-rind-chicken-tenders.html

This is my take on her recipe. And I have to say- I trust her completely so if she says bread it pork rinds...I am ok with it as well..PLUS I LOVE PORK RINDS!! True confession-I opened the bag in the car on the way home and ate a few..the Mr was completely grossed out. Didn't care. These are super quick and easy and honestly so stinking good. 
I just put the rinds in a bag and smashed them









I bought tenders but cut them into chunks - the pork rinds? of course I bought the spiciest ones I could find - to the eggs I added yet more hot sauce. You can obviously omit all of the hotness but why would you? 










My little dipping station had to move my eggs

This was almost 2 pounds of chicken so clearly it made a ton of bites which is awesome because leftovers are amazing!!


A pan of completed goodness!!

So oil up the pan a little let them cook enough to get crispy on the bottom then you can also turn the broiler on and crisp up the top but be careful not to dry them out!

The Mr made this crazy good dipping sauce...YES I KNOW A STICK OF BUTTER...I didnt eat the entire pan- its a dipping sauce for hells sake. 80% Paleo 100% of the time :)
Well that's my brief food share. I will be making a huge wok of chicken stirfry full of peppers-mushrooms-napa cabbage and onions!! A little coconut aminos and just a dash of fish sauce and this will be great! 

A great find I want to share. First props to my sis Amy for sharing this great deal. Nano 2's at Nordstrom Rack in Farmington station. I don't really love these shoes. I have a super narrow foot so I find them a little "free" and actually bought the Nano Speeds, but its always good to have a couple pair of shoes so that can alternate so they don't get worn out so quickly!!
I have been wearing them around because they were a little tight and I am actually loving them!
I ended up paying only 33.00 for these. They were on clearance then 25% off! cant pass that up!

I know I bragged about this last week. But I have to brag again. YOGA!!! Holy crap!! I have to give a big shout out to my girl Jenn Sayes for having the courage, attitude, and just overall confidence to bring "yoga" to our box. The thing is this. We are athletes. Regardless of what anyone else thinks of us- we are athletes..and honestly if you choose to present yoga to a bunch of CrossFitters you need to be open minded in your thinking and understand what it is we do on a daily basis and how you can flex yoga to best suit this group of people. Jenn is doing a great job! So thank you-for bringing Yoga to a group of people that desperately need it!! God bless you!
Group gets bigger every week! young and old alike! we even have a few visitors every week!



Well thats it folks. Kind of lame and boring. 
Here's to everyone having a GREAT week! Work hard- focus and be consistent! it seems to work

P.S. For those of you toying with the idea of doing the Open...PLEASE get registered!!! I would hate to not have Friday Night Lights....

CRONI OOUT



No comments:

Post a Comment