Sunday, April 20, 2014

Even the best fall down sometimes....

I love that song. And it's so TRUE...you aren't going to be all on all of the time. I have such a struggle with this! My eating seems like it's off..then on...the off...then on..it's so frustrating! 
So this week...new week..same focus...just trying to get back on my clean eating grind. I am not sure what is going on with me..but one thing I am sure of is that if I just stay consistent some how it all works out!


Believe it or not I do not really have alot to say. The week was pretty uneventful even with Easter- I don't have too much to share.

My food this week- Greek Burgers, bacon wrapped chicken thighs and hot links. I have a ton of salad left over from our family party so I am going to be eating that most of the week. Organic mixed greens with leafy romaine-orange pepper, green pepper, cucumber and radish. With my staple red wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon dressing - my greek dressing! It's delicious. I can portion this into small containers and they are super easy to pack. 

For my chicken thighs-I seasoned them with sea salt-pepper-cayenne pepper-a little shake of onion powder and garlic powder, I then added a little Franks Red Hot (yes it's true...I put that shit on everything) and I let that sit in the fridge for a few hours before slapping it on the grill AFTER  I have wrapped them in bacon of course!!
These hot links...they are insane. They do NOT have the cleanest ingredients I am sure.....I don't know I didn't really look. I didn't see high fructose corn syrup so I figured hey...it is better than most things that most people are eating! I usually do not have the hot link AND chicken Greek burgers are always easy-since I bought kalamata olives and feta for the salad-a great place to put them is in Turkey burgers. I used sea salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder ( I am using all of these substitutes because I allowed myself to run out of greek seasoning!).
Breakfast will be my normal staple-I have a container of spinach and plenty of eggs. I baked the left over bacon that I had and I will bag my breakfast up like so! 
 I call it breakfast in a bag. A handful of spinach-I use two whole eggs 1 egg white and 1 1/2 piece of bacon. 



Easter at the folks was a good time but with so many things going on with so many families this time of year its hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time so I was SO happy that my kiddos were able to share lots of pics of my sweet granddaughter...and yes...this Granny bought her first set of golf clubs. Gramps Crad was so excited!


I cant believe this little beauty is 6 months already!! a HALF OF A YEAR HAS FLOWN BY!!! She is such a joy!

Well...that's it. I know...crazy that's all I have. Have a great week everyone...eat clean and train hard and smart- saw this week and LOVED IT!! Mind over matter...CRONI OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment