Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lurong week 5- I may be failing miserably but I am not giving up hope yet!

WEEK 5!!! Cant believe the challenge is winding down. So bummed it wasn't as great for me this time but I am not going to lie I have appreciated the menu, the mini wods and the tips. I have struggled a TON but that's part of the challenge right? (i hope)
I just know that if ONE person was able to take ONE thing away from this..it was a success. 

Since I have struggled so much I have decided this week, I am going back to what I know best, I am taking some new things, some old things and I am going to do my best to just get through this next week and end on a good note. 
My Costco trip looked like this!





I immediately shredded my brussel sprouts. I like to bag these in what I call "single serving" which is a sandwhich bag. I do about 3 bags that way-they shrink when I zap them in the microwave so I super stuff them and I add my seasonings..I KNOW microwaving is GROSS but I am living on borrowed time right now-my mantra is easy is as is does-simple is as simple does ETC!!!




SOOO I found this amazing "salsa" its so hard to find pre made salsa without a bunch of JUNK in it but this was relatively CLEAN. NO sugar. I added this to my take on breakfast muffins




I did the sliced bacon in the bottom but instead of just cracking my egg into it I scrambled it with kale, yellow and orange bell peppers, onion, salsa and seasonings.




I also made some meatballs- chicken and italian spicy sausage -these are great just to have on hand when you get tired of everything else. I made the awesome Marias tomatoe sauce and zoodles (zuchinni noodles) 

Cooked some Salmon. I will have this with the awesome bagged Asian salad. I am making a faux coleslaw-meaning I throw away everything I cant have- the wontons and the dressing and I add avocado and a little red wine vinegar. 





I did make a little snack if I am craving something sweet. Cinnamon Banana Waffles. I am not going to sugar coat this- in a pinch I always go back to MY fav place for recipes PaleOMG
http://paleomg.com/cinnamon-banana-waffles/

Easy and oh so delicious. I figured out how to get both sides crunchy. I bagged up 4 slices and froze the rest.








 Not sure if anyone else struggles with - you are trying to eat Paleo and the significant other doesnt? Here is a good example of how dinner can look. On the left- salmon, broccoli and sweet potato, on the right regular potato (with butter and sour cream) broccoli and salmon. IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS WORK!!!


Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Valentines Day!! The Mr and I do not really love this day..not sure why but this is what he got this year...HEART SHAPED PIZZA!!






And this is what he got me...Red Velevet Cupcakes...OMG...not Paleo btw.



My post wouldnt be complete without a pic of my sweet and perfectly amazing Grandbaby. The perfect Valentine!


Just one more thing before I go. Check out my cool swag that I scored on Saturday. This is my cousins stuff if you were unable to get to 22 on Saturday to score on a new rope, some wrist wraps, socks or a new t shirt here is the link to her website-- LOVE LOVE that she has gone to our Greek roots the greek translation for KRATOS In Greek mythology, Kratos or Cratus (Ancient Greek: Κράτος, English translation: "power") is the son of Pallas and Styx and the personification of strength and power the socks are amazing and super long!! http://www.kratosfitnessgear.com/





Here is hoping everyone has a GREAT week and for all my Lurongers a STRONG finish!!! I love you all for joining in this challenge with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment