Sunday, February 24, 2013

Make adjustments not excuses!! No food prep today...grrrrr

You are rarely going to read negative posts on this blog. With the exception of today. What a shit day this turned out to be. (as always sorry Mom)
My stove...uuurgggghhh this thing is less than 5 years old. The heating element pops from some meatball juice dripping on it - I go buy a replacement heating element, which might I add was NOT easy to find-and it was pricey, I change it out and the entire stove stops working. How do you food prep without a stove? I suppose instead of whining I could use my crock pot and or my grill. HOWEVER, I already did my food shopping and I am not really geared up for either other than cooking my salmon.  So here are the links to the recipes that once my stove is working I will be making and if you haven't already- and you are on FB- like the Fast Paleo FB page-2 of these come from there and the other is Marias recipe...

http://fastpaleo.com/beef-broccoli/
http://fastpaleo.com/chipotle-chicken-bowl-with-diced-avocado/
http://optimalnutrition1.blogspot.com/2013/02/lent-meatless-friday.html

So for what it is worth here is what I picked up today-strawberries and blueberries-mini melons-salmon-eggs-coconut oil-broccoli and rotisserie chicken which I am shredding to use in the chipotle chicken bowl.


So basically today you are getting what I WAS going to make for the week and maybe a deep look into my soul.
10 days and counting
To explain my title- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND NOT EXCUSES!. Here we are...this is it...it's getting close to go time for the Open, just over a week before the first WOD will be announced. With my significant other being out of town this weekend-I had so much more time to be alone with my thoughts than I really needed. I thought about last year-and my journey throughout this year. I thought about the people around me- my brother and sisters- my CF friends- and how we have been preparing for sometime for the Open.  We are all starting to feel the pain of it. For me-muscle up has gone back onto the bucket list to be attempted at a later date- I am struggling with some shoulder tightness and rather than hurt myself attempting something I am unable to do yet, I can still do pull ups and or chest to bar -I am making an adjustment. I can work with the tightness with ice and rest but jacking my arm for the sake of ONE muscle up. SO NOT WORTH IT! What I am NOT going to do is make excuses. I will approach each WOD with the open the way I approach each day of my life. Eyes wide open- head on straight. Interpret this how you want. Adjustments are good and necessary...excuses=LAME! One stupid little injury can derail you and possibly cause you to not even be able to complete the WODs in the Open. 
Think about this-what is your plan for the week? for me? this week? I am pulling back just a little. I have been doing Wendler 5-3-1 and honestly..I am making sure to keep that up but I am going to be super conscious of what I am doing in each wod and how I feel after...if I have to make adjustments I will. I refuse to miss out on my chance to give 100% when it's crunch time.

I was so frustrated and so mad and sad  today so what do I do?  GO FOR A FREAKING RUN. Uh-I don't love to run so this should be shocking to most.


Pink shoes still pink...whew! just a few mud  spots
Today I received some sad news about someone in my life passing away.. another life..ending way too soon. I am not going into details but it did prompt part of the run- the stove prompted the other part. I ran fast...not sure why because it hurt..quite a bit- I kept hearing freaking Garrett in my head DFS...DFS...DFS...stupid Garrett...and I mean that in the nicest way!
I got out there...with some super loud obnoxious music and for about 30 minutes I was able to clear my head and think only about how absolutely PISSED I was going to be if my pink shoes got super muddy and how bad my side was hurting and what the hell was I doing running so fast? I know this, for the first time in a LONG time it was GREAT to be outside in the elements breathing what I hope was some decent somewhat clean air. 

However, when I came home, my heart was heavy and I was forced to reflect on this person who passed. We were very close at one point many years ago in what I refer to as my "other life" and don't mistake this for being negative-it's just my life before who I am today.
She had so many good qualities and yet so many demons. It kind of makes you take a deep breath and step back and take a look at your own life. I am heartbroken for her kids and I pray that someday they can find peace and understanding in all the madness and craziness they have had in their lives, if anything she truly truly loved her kids. I could have been a better friend and I could have been closer to her but our lives split on a path some time ago where I was forced to make a hard decision. I am grateful that I did because my life changed and I got up out of a pit of life that was not good for me and made me so unhappy. I wished and hoped that she too could have found peace and happiness. Maybe now her soul will rest. Just so sad. RIP Lisa.  I pray that God will hold your children's hearts and hands through this grieving process. Lots of loss for this family in way too short of a time. 

I have nothing more to add really, except be smart, listen to your body- focus on what you are putting in it and what you are taking out of it. Make adjustments if you have to and even if you don't have to. Your body will thank you...and above all...hold your loved ones tight for tomorrow is never promised.






No comments:

Post a Comment