Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One week from today..The first WOD will be announced...feelin froggy??

7-days and COUNTING...well according to this screen shot
6 days 21 hours 12 minutes and tick tick tick.....
SO SO EXCITED!!!

 
Its been months and months in the making for some of us. A whole year I would imagine for others. The ELITE I am sure started preparing after the Games ended last year.
 
This year I tried a few new things. The most important being trying to get out of my freaking head, not being afraid of the barbell...and listening..really listening to the people around me that I love and respect. The results will have to speak for themselves.
No purpose for this pic I just found it HILARIOUS
This week has been nuts. It's funny how emotions can throw you for a loop. I had a huge WHAT IF day. Monday we did the Fran Ladder and for the life of me I can't remember what my rep count was during the open last year I could be just blocking it out. But I am certain I did not do as well on Monday. So of course yesterday-I looked back and I kind of panicked a little. I had this thought that WHAT IF (as someone put it to me what if can be a mindf#k) (Liz) all this work-all the extra lifting, Wendler, Oly Class, Comp wods, was all for nothing? what if I don't improve at all..what if I don't reach my goal. Then in the blink of an eye and with one text from my sis and my friend Jo...turned it around. Because the truth of the matter is I have gotten so strong over the past year. Not crazy jumps but enough that I know all the work..It's all for something. Not only have I gotten physically strong, I believe that mentally I have grown as well. I have gained some confidence that I really was lacking for so long. I have been a work in progress for a really long time-and honestly, I probably still am but I feel the past year has changed me. And DAMNIT...I am ready as I am ever going to be for Open. Every time I look at the little clock on the Games page..MY STOMACH CHURNS!!! And this is several times a day...shhhh don't tell anyone.

Anyway...again. So excited to see what the Open is going to bring.

FOOD STUFF!! Sad as HELL to report my oven is still not working. I am not going into details but I am finally giving in and calling a service person..Thank heavens for food prep and the fact that I had many things frozen that I could use for the week. Tonight for dinner-eggs, turkey sausage with a little avocado and watermelon..weird combo I know but absolutely delicious. BY THE WAY!!! The blueberries AND mini watermelons at Costco are CRAZY delicious right now!

Last week I kind of made my own shake-I got the idea to use coconut milk from Jo so here it goes
1/4 coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut water
handful of strawberries
handful of kale-be generous
ice
a little swirl of raw honey
I absolutely loved this and I made extra and threw it in the freezer- it took a minute to thaw when I wanted to finish it off but well worth the wait.
Nothing exciting I know.

Here is something kind of cool. So as I have said in the past I get the opportunity to train my son and daughter in law 3 nights a week. These 2 crack me up. Its fun to watch them WOD together. They are both pretty competitive. But something has happened and I want to put it out there in the universe. They took some time off and my son came back with some kind of vengeance. I can't get over how strong he is. And knowing this. I have been pushing him a little. The athlete in him desires that I am sure. So Monday his sweet wife wasn't feeling well so he had to WOD alone. I like to have them do a good mix of strength and metcons. Last week he pulled a very impressive snatch-185 or 195 can't remember exactly -mind you he hasn't been lifting like he used to. Then Monday he does this. 2 at the top of minute..every minute..for 10 minutes...yes folks that 315#...and watch as he walks off..ehh like its nothing!
 
After this-his WOD was 30-20-10 deadlifts @ 155 and burpee exchange....Poor kid...no one should have to do burpees alone!!
 
Well week is winding down. How has your eating been? Are you paying attention if you have aches and pains?? MY RULE OF THUMB..IF ITS ACHING PUT ICE ON IT..I can't stress this enough. Especially now. WE are at crunch time. Hand care and listening to your body is key to get through the open in one piece...
 
Thats it. All I have ....Next week at this time...we will know what WOD 1 is going to be!! YIIIPPPPEEEE!!!!
 
Finish the week off strong! Eat clean and train dirty!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment