Sunday, November 24, 2013

The parable of the rope ...and from where I was.....to where I am going.

Hard to believe that Fitness Elevated is done. What a crazy wild ride.
Jason getting his broad jump on- our only male competitor this year!
Stole this pic from CF22 -Girl POWER right here!!

 

It was a crazy programmed event but at the end of the 2 days. I look back and I have ZERO regrets. I felt more mentally prepared for this comp than I have any other comps. I may not have finished as well as last year but I have to face reality. I am so much better than I was but I still have so far that I can go. I did some things this year that I am so happy about- I pr'd my pull ups, my bench press and rowed like I had somewhere to be. I am so happy how it all ended up for me. I would have loved to have placed...but with so few competitors in the Masters women...hard to know how you really measure up.
Thanks to all the athletes that competed with me from CF22- the weeks leading up to this event were crazy. Riley- so fun to watch someone competing- at 16 years old just wants to compete- doesn't really give 2 shits about much else-Christy, Amanda, Jason, Ash-Whoa! If I didn't love you before, I am absolutely crushing on you now. Thanks for being so supportive. And just getting out there and killing it! I feel that we represented CF22 they way they anticipated we should...classy, happy and strong.  Love you guys! And thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to support us. Its a big deal to have people there who are genuinely happy for you no matter how you finish!

Onto other important things. This week someone forwarded me a link on how effectively blog. Thanks for the info but sorry- I have way too many words to follow that format I am not trying to grow an audience the people who read my blog desire something more than a few words and honestly..this is MY outlet. Nuff said.

Onto my parable.

This story begins with a younger version of Joni. I believe this was 6th grade. Rope climb day. I am not sure if my Mom even remembers this but I remember it like was yesterday. Every time I look at the rope-this memory comes back to me. 116# in the 6th grade and being told you need to try and climb a rope. Probably one of the more devastating memories I have -other than running around the gym in my stocking feet, falling and breaking my 2 front teeth!
Anyway I remember thinking of a MILLION ways to get out of this day...I didn't get out of it. I do however remember attempt after failed attempt at trying to climb a rope. It never happened. I remember the despair I felt. I remember feeling embarrassed and so awkward as classmate after classmate got the rope climb.
Fast forward to the week of November 10th 2013 I am now 47 years old..still scared of that dam rope. Had a sense I probably needed to work on rope climbs. I actually got ONE rope climb MAYBE 2 months ago. ONE- all the way to the top. But after reviewing the programming sesh for FE...I had a sense that I needed to get this. I tried a few times unsuccessful at best. Then FINALLY something clicked..the j hook clicked. I finally realized it, I felt it, it made sense!!! And it happened. The next week-the jump happened I was able to jump- jhook and go. I can't even explain to you the exhilaration this ONE single movement brought me. Next comes game day at FE. I am told no jump...the ropes are about 2 feet off the ground and just simply pulling yourself high enough to J hook...I almost let me convince myself I couldn't do it. Then I looked up. My sweet kids Kolby and Jenna with my amazing grand baby were there- (Scarlet cheering me on)
my always supportive Mr. AND his mom were there- my family and all my CF22 friends..yelling at me.."you got this" and FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I BELIEVED IT!! I practiced-somehow I was going to make it happen..AND IT DID!!! I got all my rope climbs. It was a big day for me!!
From a scared 6th grader...to a confidant Mother, Grandmother, girlfriend, friend etc. From where I was then to where I am going- I see ONLY progress and good things. I am so happy with the direction of my life and all the things I have going for me. 10 years ago if you would have told me this was where I was heading I would have NEVER have believed you.
That's my story...and I am stickin to it!


In an NUTSHELL- a big NUTSHELL and where I am going with all of this. With hard work brings results. I was not really blessed with much athleticism. My mind constantly thinks my body is doing something but the body is not. But one thing I have learned. If the desire to do something is there, if the will is there...it will happen. It may take a while ...but it will happen! It may not always look like you think it should look, every body is different but I truly believe with hard work the results will come!!!

THANKSGIVING WEEK IS UPON US!!!! What are your plans? Me? I am going to eat, drink and be thankful for everything that I am and everything that I have. I love Thanksgiving and I love the food of Thanksgiving. I will eat in moderation as I always do but for those of you needing to stay on track THE INTERNET IS AN AMAZING SOURCE!! USE IT. There are so many Paleo alternatives out there for Thanksgiving. Use it. This is not a time to feel helpless. I will give you a little hope by sharing a link I saw today that to be quite honest- is probably going to be something I make so that I can enjoy pie time with everyone else. I will eat of the turkey- the ham and the salad- might skip the potatoes-maybe have a roll or two- but I cant see myself indulging in pie if its not Paleo!! Can't wait to give this a try!!
http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/no-bake-triple-chocolate-pumpkin-pie-paleo-gluten-grain-dairy-egg-free/




Food this week is crazy simple. What do I have in my freezer for 3 days of food prep (which reminds me-3 DAY WORK WEEK YA'ALL!!!)
Salmon, Talapia and ground turkey- I have eggs, spinach- 1 sweet potato. done and done. grilling some fish tonight and I WILL make the rest spread out over the next 3 days.

Hope everyone has a great week filled with love, fun, food, family and all the things you desire.
Eat how you choose, be happy, humble and thankful.

For me...I am still going to eat clean and train dirty...its what makes me happy!


Croni OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment