Sunday, August 31, 2014

Preaching some CrossFit...Its ok not to RX...it's ok to scale...it's ok to modify....get over yourself and get to the box!

This subject has been on my mind ALOT lately...so I am just going to let it flow.

Here is the deal. I love my CrossFit. Don't really care who is annoyed by it, (haters) do not really care who has some kind of hair brained theory about how its "dangerous" or "bad for you" or "causes so many injuries" I love it. And the thing is this. I can love whatever I want. If you don't like it..no need to be on my planet.






This is me pretty much after every WOD!


Whew...wanted to get that out first. Just so much negativity in regards to CrossFit in my world right now and quite honestly its pissing me off! it has helped to mold me into a person I never really thought I could be. And I couldn't be happier right now. People do you- whatever it is...and I am going to do me.
 


Now onto one more thing and I will let the CrossFit thing go. The reason people get injured is because they are not smart enough to listen to their bodies. But this is true with ANY form of exercise. I can't tell you the times I have looked at a WOD and instantly become panicked. Thinking the night BEFORE how I am going to get through it. One thing I am learning. Its ok to scale. You have to pick your battles. Scalable- modifiable. that is the glory of CrossFit you don't ALWAYS have do every as prescribed. What does RXing a wod get you if end up injured because you weren't smart enough to know the only get you are getting at the end of a wod if you beat everyone is an air trophy...???

"CrossFit is for everyone. The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect fitness program for any individual regardless of experience. The same routines have been used for elderly individuals with heart disease to professional cage fighters. We scale load and intensity, we do not change programs. The needs of Olympic athletes and our Grandparents differ by degree but not kind. (courtesy of CrossFit Inc.)"

#40 Jaxson McBride

 
Just want to give a big shout out to my nephews Braxton Gunther and Jaxson McBride- both are playing football for WX High School!! So proud of them both- Friday was the 2nd time Jaxson has dressed for a varsity game as a sophomore. For those of you that know anything about HS Football this is kind of a big deal. And Brax- man oh man- I wish I could on and on but I wont. This kid is SO much FUN to watch-I am going to leave it at that. I want to say good job to the refs on Friday that tried repeatedly to take this game away from WX. They did some stupid shiz that is for sure and Judge does have a good team. But they hung in there an pulled out the W anyway. So excited to see what the rest of the season holds for these guys! 








BIG FAT CONGRATS TO MY BABY BRO MATTY AND HIS WIFE SHAE. THE WELCOMED IN A NEW FAMILY MEMBER LAST WEEK Tenley has a sweet sister!! WELCOME TO PREELIE PEARL!! We couldn't be happier she is finally here. I was pulling for brown curly hair and brown eyes....seems that probably wont happen!

And just a warning...when I bring you dinner after you have had a baby (for any reason really)....this is what it will look like....I like to let you know what you are getting!



FOOD: Just going to share a few things I have been loving lately then I am done- I got super long winded and that is one sure way to lose an audience. 
Things I have been loving that are quick and easy to make-


SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUTS! I know this kind of looks like a hot mess - but quick and simple and they reheat amazingly! I just heat a little avocado oil with garlic and maybe a little diced onion. I shave the brussel sprouts on my mandolin- while the garlic an onions are getting browned- then I add them to the hot pain TIP!!!! Take the pan OFF the heat when putting the brussel sprouts in. They will pop. I add sea salt, pepper, greek seasoning and red pepper flakes. I cook them with the lid on and let them get a little brown. 
Rotisserie chicken or pre-made (made them last Sunday) meatballs with sauteed mushrooms smothered in siracha. I used one big container of mushrooms from Costco. Sliced them then- in a wok i heated avocado oil with just a little sesame oil and garlic- threw in my mushrooms added a little coconut amino's and just a few dashes of fish sauce. 

Between the goods in my Bountiful Basket and my friends garden I had all the ingredients to throw together some salsa and guacamole. Last night i used the Sweet Kale Salad mix from Costco with ground chicken- smothered on the salsa and guacamole. It was delicious. I will use it in my eggs- put it on grilled chicken and before you know it....it will be gone!

Well that's it. A post wouldn't be a post without a picture of my Sweet Grand baby Scarlet. Go Utes!!! LOVE LOVE this pic!! She is growing up TOO fast and I love her so much I can hardly stand it!! 
SO SASSY!!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week. Eat Clean and if you fall off the wagon- with food or working out-get right back on. A few days WONT kill you!!! trust me...I know!!! 

Croni OUT!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment