Sunday, August 3, 2014

Trying to learn to love my perfectly imperfect life! Oh hey...I am back!

Oh hi. I have been gone for a while....but I am back. Maybe I will not be back like I was before. Life is so crazy busy right now. If you noticed I was gone for 3 months (or more) Thank you. If not..that's ok.

Quite honestly. Not only did life get busy..I was struggling with many things and was a little over my own BS. 

I am happy to report things feel back on track!!

What have I been doing while taking a break?






Back on my quest to eat clean (Paleo/Primal is working for me). I have discovered a new bag of greens. Thanks to Amy Hyatt for telling me about this bag of goodness. I am absolutely loving this. I am using it not only in place of just Spinach in my eggs each morning I am mixing it with other greens to make an amazing salad base this one has chard-spinach and kale. Last week I added arugula this week I am adding basil from my gorgeous plant. Threw in mushrooms-sliced
Brussel sprouts, broccoli and tomatoes. Then I just add 3 or 4 chopped up precooked chicken tenders. Super easy to pack and absolutely delicious!


 Bought a Cookbook. 

Super excited to try some recipes from this. If you are wondering where you can get it? Costco...20.00. It's no secret I love the recipes from PaleOMG so the cookbook was a must have for me which is odd because I usually just search recipes online. This book has some awesome recipes BUT also a ton of great info in it. Today I am making my first recipe. Sweet Plantain Guacamole! WHOOT can't wait. My plantains clearly are not ripe and I could not find any that were but we will see how this turns out. I will use one in the guac and the other I will be making chips to dip in the guac!




The past few weeks have been a little tough on me. I have found that the older I am getting- the more clumsy I am becoming I have managed to once again take a healthy hit to the shin courtesy of a lazy box jump and also managed to take a chunk out of my thumb courtesy of slicing Brussels sprouts on a mandolin. 
ouch!!!!!

What else have I been doing?? Just working more than I like to-this means well over what a normal person works..and just trying to squeeze in Granny time and family time. Summer is amazing but I feel like we are always running 100 different directions and making time to get together is so difficult!
Love my Kiddos!

So just a few more shares before I close. I love my kiddos - trying to learn to accept my life just the way it is realizing there is much perfection in the imperfection of it all.




I feel blessed to have this little one in my life. She makes working hard so worth it. She is SO happy and so loved.

Well that's it. After a 3 month hiatus feels good to spew some words.

In closing- a quote I am currently loving

Dr. Seuss
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Croni ...OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment