Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In a matter of minutes....

For those of us going to Friday Night Lights...4 minutes. For some of us 4 minutes and the Open will have ended for us. And life goes back to pre-competition life. We all get to let our hair down JUST A LITTLE-and start.....GETTING READY FOR NEXT FREAKING YEAR!!!!
For those of you who didn't watch Camille in beast mode...you missed out. That was a thing of complete beauty!
Do you think anyone can top Camille's 244?
I love that Sam is cheering Camille on in this ...love this about CF

Well..13.5 has been announced and oh boy, it was absolutely what everyone predicted and then some. I was in complete denial and was totally buying in to the fact it wouldn't be anything posted on the main site, done in The Games, Regionals or the Open. I totally bought into that BS story. Fran-however you dissect her..she is still Fran(in my humble opinion)...that horrible b#tch that brings the strongest of athletes down. And to ADD time?? well that is new.
Sadly. I will not get the opportunity to do 8 minutes of what I am calling "Worse than Fran"- or 12 or so on or so forth. Another weakness I have along with hspu and toes 2 bar....chest to bar. I am absolutely going into this wod like I am going to get 8 minutes. I won't let this get to me and let the bar own me in any form. Although I have been telling people I will be lucky to get 30 reps...you can bet I am going to showing up like I am going to get 300....

The thing I have learned this year that I struggled with last year is this. I show up, I put the work in, and in some ways, I have improved. And I have to be accepting and happy of that. With each year that I continue on this journey..I get just a little bit better. And this is not just CrossFit related. My life is better. I think there are so many things I still struggle with, but if I didn't struggle I would have a pretty charmed life right?

I am not going to post much more. I am going to have so much to say once the open is actually over. So for those of you that competed. Are you looking back at your results and you are unhappy? less than satisfied? wished you had done better? If so, realize that is why we do what we do. We are not content sitting idly by while the world goes on around us. I truly believe that it takes a special kind of person to step outside of their comfort zone and do the unthinkable.

To all my CF22'rs-to anyone doing the Open really. Friday make it the day that you close the Open satisfied that you did your best. Recognize how blessed we are to actually be able to participate in such an amazing event. Recognize that you ARE an athlete and put this year to rest with resolve that you can always get better. There is always going to be room for improvement. Embrace that you have to be constantly working to achieve the really good things in life. Don't believe that anything will really ever be handed to you. NOW, LETS GET READY TO GIVE IT OUR ALL!!

FOOD TIP BEFORE I FORGET- Last 2 weeks I think I might have mentioned I was feeling run down, low energy and fatigued. Got a tip to try and add a little rice into my diet. Wrecked my stomach completely-I quit that right away. What I was able to add- just a little - full fat greek yogurt. I prefer Fage brand. I know-it's dairy. It seemed to help and feel better this week. Leads me to believe I was really shaving it to lean on my fats. Could be wrong-nothing scientific to support it. I just feel better!
(have to say I am so thankful for people who pintrest so I can steal their quotes off FB)  CRONI...OUT
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment