Monday, September 2, 2013

Chinese five spice and get you a friend with a garden for hells sake!

 
Happy Labor Day weekend!!
I have always viewed labor day weekend as the end of summer..sniff..sniff..those of you who know me well know that I ADORE summer! So this was my question to the fashion nistas today. CAN I REALLY NOT WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY??
I am going to wear my white jeans...no way around it!



Bountiful Baskets so good this week- a GREAT mix of fruit and veggies! Its so much easier to eat clean when you have a variety of good things to choose from. This weeks basket had corn and potatoes...this is what I call a double negative. ONLY because I do not eat either. Luckily I was able to re-gift these treasures to someone else. Speaking of re gifting...have you found a friend with a garden yet?? if not WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? Trust me...its a very rare occasion that someone can actually use everything that they grow. Thank GOD that Jo is so free with her extra produce. I was able to score on tomatoes-Lots of them-peppers eggplant and cucumbers. I never really grow tired of fresh veggies. I have told Jo like 100 times. There is nothing better than Roma tomatoes fresh from the garden. It makes for some amazing SALSA!!
When I make salsa-I have to also make guac. I use the salsa in the guac with some garlic, jalapeno (this is depending on how hot the salsa is) cayenne pepper-lime and salt and pepper to taste. This never disappoints!

 
 This week I opted to go super simple. I like simple. Enter here. CHINESE FIVE SPICE! why I have waited so long to sample this amazing spice I will never know-you have to try this. To get this completely accurate-here is what Chinese Five spice is fennel, cloves, and cinnamon, along with star anise and Szechuan peppercorns. I opted to just grill chicken and turkey breast (going to be a salad kind of week) lathered in this amazing spice. It's delicious!


 
Sometime keeping it simple is just what I need. I have only one recipe share. I felt the need for a treat this week. I do this from time to time. Sometimes it's cravin..other times supply and demand. The only modification I made was that I subbed bananas for sun butter...weird I know..Supply and demand. This shiz is DELICIOUS!!
http://paleomg.com/moist-chocolate-zucchini-bread/

 
Football season is in FULL EFFECT. I can not even tell you how much I miss this! So happy that I have nephews that are playing. And although Jax is injured I look forward to him healing 100% and coming back strong.
Love watching my nephew Braxton play on varsity for Woods Cross. It's not secret we are all Vikings at heart....this was my view Friday night at the game Woods Cross vs Judge. Not a bad view eh?

My only other share for this week is my new love. Paleo breakfast burritos. This is just 2 eggs - salsa and guac on a gorgeous lettuce leaf. This will be my staple for the week or until I run out of salsa and guac. Notice there is no meat..Not sure how this will play out. I love my breakfast with sausage and or bacon. I will give you a review at the end of the week.


Well a 4 day week is upon is. It is going to be a busy one for me. Lots of working, coaching and training. I have a little nagging shoulder issue that I will be giving my full attention this week even if it means pulling back just a little.

PEEPS...work hard, train dirty and EAT CLEAN and for the sake of everything holy please find a friend with a garden...TIS THE SEASON...

In closing...something funny...as always..thanks Jo for the share....you know me too well!!! Croni...out!




 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment