Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hi..I am a Granny. Welcome to this world sweet Miss Scarlet!

Crazy how life changes in the blink of an eye! From last week to this week an amazing little beautiful life has been added to this family that I love so much!
My baby with his baby-so amazing-Jenna in the background resting up!
Its safe to say I think she might have runners legs!! Happy Baby!
Meet my sweet granddaughter Scarlet T McCloyn she was born 10/14/2013 she was  7 lb 15 oz 19 1/2 inches and she is a perfect little thang! Great job to my amazing daughter in law Jenna. I admire you so much. You were so amazing during the whole process. I admire and applaud your for making sure the experience was exactly how you wanted it to be. I am so in love with this gorgeous little girl and I am so excited for my son and his wife to start a new chapter in their life with this little bundle of joy! 

Scarlets Grandparents-Tammy and Byron(Jennas Parents)
 
Food business will be quick short and sweet. I am just one month away from my next competition. I am excited and scared all at the same time. I have been doing ok on my eating but I am going to really start dialing it in and I am going to be focusing a little more on strength and endurance. Not going crazy. I feel that I am getting a little stronger and with the limited amount of "extra" time I have to do more work..I am doing what I can. Going to have to just trust myself and hope for the best. Excited that my niece Riley is competing-so excited for her. So it's just 3 of us from 22 I think. Myself, Riley and Christy Theall.

Menu is somewhat simple this week. Grilled chicken-now I really wanted to do a Paleo Fried Chicken but honestly..it was a little too much - I just grabbed some bone in chicken- yes I know-bone in with skin gross right? Here is the deal. I leave it like that while I am cooking it but strip it down before I eat it. Boneless/skinless sometimes equals no flavor. Right when I get it home I put it in a Ziploc with my preferred seasonings- S & P, greek seasoning-a little garlic power-a little onion powder-red pepper flakes and of course-Franks Red Hot! Throw that on the grill and YUM!!

I am going to continue grilling outside until I simply can not stand it anymore!!
I made a batch of soup - I have really been loving having salads at lunch but sometimes I feel like I still get hungry so I am going to try adding a little soup- this is a great recipe- I am skipping the bacon but I will be adding just a little chicken to this-it made 4 really good servings. PaleOMG  of course.

http://paleomg.com/simple-creamy-cauliflower-and-artichoke-soup/

I also made some amazing Paleo cookies-its a PaleOMG recipe for muffins that I just modified slightly. I added just a little more flour until the consistency was a little thicker. This are seriously so addicting so I caution you if you have a problem with treats...maybe skip these! I had to giggle a little while I was making these...bowls..normal..computer...normal..sweet little baby boots by the Kleenex box...my new normal!!!
http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/

Breakfast will be my norm this week- eggs-sausage, spinach and I have been adding a little green pepper and tomato-adds a little flavor. I have been using this turkey sausage- LOVE IT..Don't judge me. I haven't really investigated the ingredients and I probably do not want to-it's cooked-cut and easy to pack. That the long and the short of it.



Well that's it for food

This next Saturday is on of my most favorite events that CrossFit22 does all year. Barbells for Boobs. Its a fundraiser for Mammograms in Action-funds go to pay for mammograms for women who may otherwise not be able to have one and they try to keep the funds here in Utah. Not only do we WOD and it's CRAZY fun-it's just the fact that we get to be a part of something so amazing! I have my own page this year and my goal is to raise 200.00. So far...I am sad and embarrassed to say that I have raised ZERO.
So here it is- I am putting it out there- if I can 40 friends, readers-browsers to simply donate 5.00 I can reach my goal. See my link below- I will be pushing this ALL WEEK!!

http://fundraise.barbellsforboobs.org/fundraise?fcid=272721


Well its was on crazy whirlwind of a week. Looking forward to a little bit more normal week.
Stay focused peeps. If you fail...get right back at it. Make this week the week you are in control for a change!

And as always...closing with a little humor!

Croni OUT!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment