Sunday, October 13, 2013

Two words. Food Prep.

Going to try and keep things short and sweet again.

Here's the deal. Sometimes people ask me "how" I do it. I am always confused by this. I juggle quite a few things but not near as many things as the average Joe. Being an empty nester I have learned to make busy work for me. I love that people think I am busier than I am. Here are the only 2 words that I have for people wanting to know "HOW" I do it. FOOD PREP.
That's it. If you are serious about making this all work- fitness, food, family, life...get SERIOUS about food prep.

Bountiful Baskets...you did NOT disappoint this week. A plethora of fruits and veggies. And all things I actually can use!!! so excited. I actually jumped out of my car this week and helped. I don't get a chance to really volunteer and they had so few this week. I was happy to be able to finally do my part!  
 
 
 
 I love being able to see the fruits of my labor. Apples have not been treating me well lately so I am going to dry these. I borrowed Jo's dehydrator while she's in Hawaii. Mahalo...do lots of burpees on the beach I can't think of any other place that you could actually enjoy them!
 
 
So here is how my food prep looks this week. I would recommend ALWAYS prepping fruits and veggies right when you get them home. It makes reaching for them a complete NO BRAINER!!

 
 
I grabbed super simple stuff this week. Turkey breast and chicken thighs. So easy to throw on the grill. WHO CARES IF IT IS POURING OUTSIDE?? It takes about 30 minutes to cook this up...can you not squeeze out 30 minutes for food prep?
 
 
Since I got a sweet potato in my basket I decided to slice and bake the for snacks. I also grabbed a big bag of Kale. I sometimes like to switch this out for the spinach I used for breakfast. I baked some of this as well. I love to snack on kale when I am craving something maybe I should not be eating! 
 

 
So basically- my menu for the week- I have cooked and sliced up my turkey, I have tons of romaine cut up for salads- I have sliced green peppers, asparagus my baked sweet potatoes and my kale for snacks. I also baked in a muffin tin a dozen eggs. Have you tried this? if not do it. I find that 23 minutes in my oven does these perfect.

TIS THE SEASON OF THE PUMPKIN. I will be sharing in the near future some awesome things you can do with pumpkin puree. My first share will be a recipe from PaleOMG for Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I made these on Wednesday evening. I am happy to report..I still have some left...the combo of these with a PSL from Starbucks (pumpkin spice latte' ..nonfat..no whip..2 pumps) If you to have a treat...this is a GREAT one (thanks Laura and Amanda for alerting me to this one)
http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/

Well I am officially on soon to be Granny status. I am so excited I can hardly see straight. The arrival of this sweet baby girl has been anticipated for what seems to be the timeline of elephant gestation. I love these kiddos so much. They are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait to meet this sweet little girl.  
 
 
Well that's it. That's my post for Sunday. Trying to not be so wordy and just see how that works out.
 
Of course I need to need to end with something comical...Sméagol has a story with me..before the Mr and I were an item..I used to tease him that this is who he reminded me of..and the sweatshirt...speaks for itself!
 
 
Heres wishing everyone a STRONG and CLEAN week! Set some goals today and be damned and go to hell before you let anything derail you!!
 
CRONI...OUT
 


No comments:

Post a Comment