Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lets talk Integrity. 14.3..Thank you. This is why I love CrossFit.

14.3 done and done! It's no secret that from the moment this WOD was announced I was overcome with JOY!!!! And although I am convinced that somehow my sisters are doing the programming for the open (long complicated story) This WOD was my DREAM WOD. A ladder of heavy dead lifts with box jumps that part of the standard was YOU COULD STEP UP AND STEP DOWN!!! It's a dream for me.
I think something that people focused on was the fact that I beat all of my bad ass sisters on this WOD. Ya it felt amazing but ONLY because each one of my 3 sisters that are competing in the Open have ALL played a very important role in getting me to where I am today. Each one of them reached out to me over the top excited about my score. Not one mentioned the fact that big sis scored higher. Nope-all 3 so excited that finally FINALLY I was able to find success with one of the WODS I joked about quitting CrossFit now that I managed to beat them all...and it was a slim margin folks but no I am not quitting if anything my faith has been renewed. This is WHY I love CrossFit!! It was nice to see myself in 1st place in a WOD in the SW for a short while. 
Look at my score from workout 3!! WHOOT! (It changed but not before I got a pic)
INTEGRITY: Lets talk integrity. Big shout out to Amy Hyatt. I am not going to get into details. But I want to say it was my HONOR to judge you doing 14.3 for the 2nd time. I admire you and the fact that you weren't willing to settle. Thanks for making it easy on me to judge you. Awesome job. You are a badass
  1. in·teg·ri·ty
    inˈtegritē/
    noun
    noun: integrity
    1. 1.
      the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness

Buffalo Chicken egg muffins mmm mmm good!
Lets talk FOOD!!! I have so much to say about the Open but honestly what I love about competing is the fact that my eating is on point. I relax a little on the weekend but my weekday eating is the best it's ever been. This week I am doing Trout (thanks to my Pops) meatballs - my recipe- burgers from the meatball meat- spaghetti squash and lots and LOTS of veggies. I still have asparagus and broccoli-cauliflower and kale. I did find a breakfast recipe I am so excited to try- http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-egg-muffins/
I was able to find silicon baking cups at Ikea and they are a dream! I stay away from anything baking cup related because they always stick and you lose half your muffin but I am happy to report THESE WORK!!! SO EXCITED!

Meatballs were super easy as well I kind of made up my own recipe

So you know that means that the measurements are not exact. I used 2 lbs ground turkey-
2 Anaheim chili's diced
1 large jalapeno diced
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1 T chopped
cumin
sea salt and pepper to taste
4 heaping tablespoons salsa (I used the cleanest I could find from Costco)
I was able to get a large tray of meatballs and 4 large burger patties from this. I did add 1 egg and a handful of almond flour to bind.
I love looking in my oven on food prep day. So busy.
I feel completely focused and ready for a new week! BRING IT!!!

One little share- I have been loving this as a kind of filler snack- 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 container of gauc-try it- you will love it!




I always have to post pics of my sweet Grandbaby. I actually got the opportunity to watch her on Friday- took the day off work and all that jazz. I absolutely enjoy every minute I get to spend with her. She is such a good baby and so fun to interact with! A couple of shares from this week-I love every moment I get with this little munchkin!!



I am SO looking forward to a new week. We are halfway through the month already. 2 more Open WODS and we are bringing CrossFit Open to a close AND I GET TO VACA IN VEGAS!! Can't wait to go see yet another Michael Jackson show!! The poor Mr. having to suffer through another one with me. Such a good sport.

Saw this and loved it. Here's to a new week- eat clean-train dirty and we know that the Open wod this week will hold something completely AWFUL- be smart and listen to your body!!!



Take your me time...you have so earned it

CRONI OUT!





No comments:

Post a Comment