Sunday, March 10, 2013

Damn you 13.1...food for the mind and the soul!!

Well..it's done. 13.1 is over and done and right now..not super happy about where I am sitting. I should be. I should be ecstatic but for some reason I have a few regrets. First..I didn't get the 100# snatch I needed to get so bad. I tried. 2 things against me..my arms were trashed and just not enough time. I tried to get through last 20 burpees faster but it may as well have been 2200 burpees..ironic because that is how many women are in my age group this year. 2200+. that is about 1000 more than last year. So right now. In the SW I am sitting at 12 out of 151 and 200+ on the WW ..I have a goal and I am not going to lose sight of that! 
 
I am putting 13.1 behind me and getting my mind right for 13.2.

My 71 year old Mom putting up a 55# snatch...eat your heats out old folks!!
NEXT...I can't help but keep mentioning how FREAKING awesome it is that my MOM and my NIECE Riley are the oldest and youngest competitors in our box. Both of them put up an amazing performance and I can't help but share these photos. I love them both so much!

Riles wanted this 75# so bad. She is a true warrior. She won't give up until she gets it!
My food was on point last week. I was able to really focus and keep all of my eating in check I was so happy about that. So this week I am not getting crazy..if it ain't broke no need to fix it. 
Here are some items I picked up at Costco- Blueberries- avocados, chicken maple sausage(I have discovered they don't always have this so even though I did not intend on getting them today but felt the need) strawberries, salami (yes strange I know) pineapple and cauliflower that I actually picked up at Wally World. If I have any sound advise...please wash and cut all fruit prior to putting it in the fridge-it just saves SO MUCH time!


Menu is being kept VERY simple this week. Lots of salsa. Had to make this for my sweet niece Adis bday party so I had to of course stop at Rancho Market-for 13.00 I got the ingredients for green salsa, red salsa and the chicken that I love so much from there which I simple baked and called it a day. I will be honest. I find right now that chicken breast does not really provide any fat that I need. The protein is great but it lacks any of the necessary fats so I am making sure to add avocados or something 


Salsa is SO easy to make and all fresh ingredients are SO PALEO. 
Tomatillo Salsa (shooting from the hip no real recipe)

6-8 good sized tomatillos
2 jalapenos ( I seed one otherwise it gets too hot)
garlic - 1T ( I used the bottled chopped)
2-3 limes
handful of cilantro (this is to taste I use 1 bunch)
salt and pepper to taste
throw all ingredients into the the food processor and pulse to desired. This is great for eggs and for salad. I like to mix it with about a tablespoon of greek yogurt when I am doing dairy. 

Roma Tomato Salsa

3 cans Rotel diced tomatoes. I like the lime cilantro and I do NOT recommend getting the hot...it burns...alot!
7-10 good size Roma tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 large jalapeno or yellow chile (I use jalapenos only if I cant find yellow chiles and they do not sell them at WalMart)
1T chopped bottled garlic (I use this because it just gives it a different taste)
3-4 green onions, whites and greens chopped
Juice of 1 whole lime
Salt and Pepper to taste.
I hand cut all my ingredients for this. It can be done in the food processor I just choose not to. 

2 recipes I am trying this week that I will share 


I actually used fresh oregano and let this marinate for about 6 hours. I don't think it's required I just prefer the lemon to break down the pork. I highly recommend- especially now that BBQ season is creeping up on us that you invest in some metal skewers. They are so worth it.

I baked mine in the oven at 375 for approx 25 minutes.
Ok so. I learned this week that my go to meal has not changed. This is STILL my favorite. A little sweet potato, turkey burger, bacon, avocado and an egg on top. This is minus the egg. I cook 3 or 4 and just keep them in a container. 
so easy to cook in advance and package up several portions

ALSO. A great PRE 13. whatever 1 hour prior to wod snack. Prosciutto wrapped hard boiled egg. Thanks Liz for this suggestion- this has really been a great one for me. I love it and it seems to not upset my stomach at all.

13.2 will be announced Wed at 6. Looking forward to it. I need to move on to the next one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment