Friday, March 15, 2013

Random things that make me smile...Some not so random things that really aggravate me...

My posting this week sucks! Its been kind of a crazy busy week in a not so crazy busy way.
FIRST OFF WHAT ABOUT THIS WEATHER??? Holy cow. I am one happy girl. I don't even LOVE to run and I am LOVING running right now- outside- its pretty much the cats meow. Last night we ran outside in tanks and shorts and it pretty much amazing.

Next- tips from my recipes I posted. SKIP the chorizo in the burger recipe if you don't LOVE chorizo. It made them super salty-also I used Turkey not beef. ALSO. Read the instructions the entire way through, specifically before cutting your pineapple in half..just sayin..
I don't really love fruit with my meat so I didn't think I would like this but when you salt your pineapple and bake it a little it makes it a little savory. They were delicious. I had a weird eating day and had not had any protein or fat so I added a little bacon as well and it was crazy good.


Awww Baby Vans
Essential for the grandchild of a CrossFit Granny
Like I said! Life seems crazy busy right now. Not sure why. GREAT NEWS!! I am going to be a Granny!! I posted this on FB and it went viral pretty much if that's possible. So now I find myself looking...ok who I am kidding, purchasing things like this....oh boy...this kid is going to spoiled by Granny Jo. I am sure I wont be the only one!


So our awesome T-shirts came in last night. I was ecstatic with how they turned out!! I can't thank Garrett @ DFS enough for taking the time to design this. And the help I got from my sis Liz and also Jo for helping me to get the words just right! I still have a few extras if anyone is wanting one. Just a quick pic of my sis Kat rocking 13.2 in the new shirt. She slayed this WOD. Love that she is in the masters this year. My sisters and my bro Matty are freakish strong. I just don't understand why that gene skipped me. I am strong but definitely not freakish.

13.2 scares me a little bit. Not sure why. It's 2 movements I am ok at with a very manageable weight - the box jumps are in my head...tonight when I do my WOD I am only going to think of all the successful jumps I have had rather than focusing on the dark marks on my shin - ghosts of mishaps in the past..I am turning that page...in fact...that book is no longer welcome on my shelf.

RANDOM THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE!!!

Do you ever just look around at the end of the day and wonder what in the hell just happened? I do. I did this...several times this week...One time I had come home from wodding and work. Been a little frustrated because I have to take extra care with one of my shoulders so that I can get through the Open and avoid injury. I have had to modify quite a few WODS and it's not about not getting the RX that bothers me..what bothers me is not being able to do movements I already SUCK at. So Wednesday night I come home- kick my shoes off- tromp upstairs throw my bag down-start unpacking and then for some reason I was distracted..Idol was on and maybe someone came on I wanted to see who knows. When I get back to what I am doing- I see this. My shoes..right where I kicked them and then walked past them. Not like me at all!! for those of you who know me I like to keep a very organized Casa.

And this- it's a post it note with a WOD on it. It was something I either have already done. Or something I want to do. In the day and age of smart phones you are probably wanting to know why I write these on paper still, because I do. That's why. But I looked at my shoes, and the WOD that snuck out of my bag...and I smiled. My life has evolved into something I never would have imagined 2-3 years ago. I am more of a person now than I have been the past 40+ years or so. Yes I still have my SHIT days and days when I get down on myself but I have days where I look in the mirror or look around me and just nod and say...YUP. Life is good. Life is really good!

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT TOPIC...going to try and keep this short and not so sweet...Not so random things that aggravate me...
Negative people of the world...unite...on your own dark planet...somewhere far far away from me and my happiness..you need a planet with absolutely ZERO of the amenities that you are currently enjoying in life. No facebook, no pintrest, no instagram, no motivational sayings that you don't believe anyway. NOTHING. Because here's the deal-I don't want your crap. If you are putting your crap on me on a daily basis I am removing you from my world. Now, this could be in reference to the people at work who are CONSTANTLY complaining about the temperature in the building or this could be anyone of you maybe reading this blog- if the shoe fits...GET NEW DAMN SHOES or get a size bigger cause they are pinching your toes. Monday when I drove to work, when I exited 33rd South to start heading to my building, under the overpass sat a woman, with a sign clearly out of work and needing a hand up, she was there EVERYDAY this week. And I got to work and the first thing I hear is something b#tching about the temperature and talking to others as if they were beneath them, and I thought to myself..."first of all, it's not cold in here...secondly I am so blessed that I have this desk to sit in today...as I am not sitting under a viaduct somewhere holding a sign" that was the thought I tried to revisit everyday this week and I will be damned if I didn't exhale and just kept moving through my day as the negative around me seemed to slightly disappear. I picked out the social media/networking type things above because this is where the downers of the world post their opinions and feelings the most. Sometimes it helps me to be MORE grateful that I found myself and found the happiness I truly deserve in life and sometimes it simply pisses me off. Do you think that people you call your "friends" really need your dark shit dumped on them?
When I started FB one thing I told myself I wasn't going to do was post negative stuff. With the exception of one desk move I think I have been able to do that. It's not that I don't struggle sometimes and I am trying to be fake. What I am trying to NOT do is be that person who never has anything positive or good to say.
I know for a fact many people look up to me. THAT in an of itself makes me want to be a better person.... KAPISH?
I think that's it. I really needed to get that off my chest. Whew.

Now for something FUNNY!!!! Why did I instantly think of  my Dad when I saw this? Holding my sides laughing right now! This cracks me up. The one below cracks me up as well. I am a victim of this. I have reebok oly shoes and inov8s. I don't think it makes me good at CrossFit but every time I see this I just bust up laughing. So glad Amrap posted it again today I needed a good hearty chuckle.
Well. That's it. This blog was 2 days in the works and thank goodness that I had the day off today so that I could finally get it finished and posted. The next time I post 13.2 will be history- less than 4 hours and counting. Again, not sure why this one has gotten in my head but I have under 4 hours to get my mind right. I am hoping for 6+ rounds. I have to get it. If I don't I can see myself wanting to do it again and that's not my policy. I told myself one and done because really...are there any do overs in life???

No comments:

Post a Comment