Sunday, August 25, 2013

Addicted to an App??? Bless those friends that share their gardens!

B Gunther-first Varsity TD...won't be the last!



Going to start tonight by giving kudos to one of my awesome nephews. Good Job Brax scoring your first Varsity TD man I LOVE High School football-can't wait to get out to some games! I seriously have the most amazing nieces and nephews. I feel lucky that I get to be a part of their lives. And although I didn't make the game. I won't be missing anymore. Sometimes Fridays are hard for me to maneuver. Anywhoo..congrats!!

LOVES




Old dog..new tricks

Ok..so I found this app...and I am addicted.. LAME!! this is what happens to an empty nester when the Mr. has a busy weekend. This is cool though right? I captured in one photo my Mom learning to use chopsticks..Kat was so patient with her...and then the other...just random photos of things I just love so
much!!
 Cool right??

Menu this week-super simple. I can't thank Jo enough for letting me raid her garden. There is NOTHING better than garden produce. I do Bountiful Baskets only every other week so it was awesome today that she invited me to help myself to some goods from her garden. I had kind of already planned my menu and all the produce fell right into place. Picked up chicken-some fruit-spinach for breakfast and the awesome salad mix!!!

So I did find a few recipes that peaked my interest and my share of an amazing salad dressing recipe compliments of my sister Liz. All links will be at the bottom of this post.
First STUFFED COLLARD GREENS. Um yes...delicious. Had one for dinner tonight. Smothered in Franks Red Hot. These are great! not too big but filling just the same. This recipe compliments of Fast Paleo.


Making these reminded me ALOT of making dolmathes. Basically same kind of concept. Roll them tight and do not overstuff them. YUM!!

I made the salad dressing that my sister Liz shared with me earlier this week- tip- get TOASTED sesame oil. There is a bit of a difference between that and the regular..just seems light- I just toasted my sesame seeds in a little pan on my stove top. Here it is
LIZS DRESSING RECIPE
1 TB grated ginger Fresh...do not use lame powder
1 TB garlic
2 TB toasted sesame oil
2 TB coconut amino's Tip-if you get these at Bountiful Nutrition- I know its kind of pricey but they sometimes run out-so always buy 2 bottles!
4 TB white wine vinegar-don't go to the Walmart in Cntvl to get this-they are out!
sea salt to taste blend and then add 1 TB toasted sesame seeds

I used this on the salad mix from Costco with some leftover chicken breast it was AWESOME!!! Thanks Liz for sharing!

Thanks to Jo's generosity I was able to avoid buying lame tomatoes in the store and zucchini as well. I just ran the zucchini through my mandolin and then cut up the tomatoes with a small red onion, garlic, oregano and basil- added sea salt and pepper to taste as well as some red pepper flakes. YUM ! I just roasted this in my oven at 400 for about 20-25 minutes. Normally I blend this but I opted to just leave it chunky this time. My intent with the zucchini is just to heat it a little (yes zap it) and drown it with the tomato sauce. I also grilled 2 chicken breasts that I will probably add to the mix.



The other thing I am doing for lunches I kind of got the idea from PaleOMG. End of summer Cobb Salad-leaving out the fruit and minus her dressing. I am using the Liz dressing and using Spinach in place of arugula and no shrimp-subbing rotisserie chicken.  I pre cut all of my veggies so that I can just grab and go. This will help in prep. Its so MUCH easier to just grab a bunch of little bags and throw my spinach into a container and add it all after the fact! 
 

How AWESOME ARE THESE BAGS?? If you look closely you will see the measurements on the side. LOVE these!! I got them at WalMart. Sometimes I like to weigh and measure. My eating has been pretty much on point lately but it's always good to check in from time to time.




 
Well a new week is upon us. What are you hoping to accomplish this week? Eat clean?? just do it...train hard??? just do it.
For me...I want to remain positive at work...try not to let it overwhelm me and get my 2 days of strength progression in..and spend some time with the Mr before he leaves me for the weekend...so much to do so little time!!!
Stay strong and focused. Be positive and happy. Life is good!!!

http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/stuffed-collard-greens/
http://paleomg.com/summer-cobb-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment