Sunday, August 4, 2013

Comp #2 in the books..Napa here I come..keeping food quick and simple.

Comp #2 is done. I can't complain about how I did. I gave it everything I could. I would have like to have finished better but still happy with how I did. We worked hard as a team and didn't quit for anything. I got so excited at one point that I skipped doing some pull ups and just headed out on a run..so determined to get a good time I made a little mistake..cost us about 30 plus seconds. I apologized to my team mate 1000 times...still have no regrets.


I am SO happy I have been running bleachers and hills. Because Friday night I had to run this. I wasn't first done-I was last in my heat..didn't care because I did not fall and I did not quit. That was all that mattered!! It was also fun to reconnect with some peeps that are wodding at other boxes but through CF22 I was able to meet and get to know. Fun to see them and compete with them. I am going to be honest These comps are crazy intense and really..I just want to have fun. It doesn't have to be so damn serious. We aren't trying to go to the games so it was nice to be surrounded by people who wanted to do well, were competing for serious but were grounded as well!



Marci, Derrick, Steph, Nate, Me, Amanda, her awesome hubby Tony and Jeff G


I have to mention how much I love competing with Amanda...she keeps me calm when I want to freak out!! She is the proverbial "calm before the storm"!
I didn't make it to the finals...finished about 5th to last. But I was happy with how I personally finished. I felt strong and I felt that I gave it 110% and at the end of the day..that is all that really matters.

After the comp I headed up to Park City to spend some time with some seriously amazing women. TRUE CONFESSION RIGHT NOW: I often times see myself as "different" or "not in the same league" with some of these gals. I almost didn't go but my sis Liz said basically told me to get over myself and come and have fun.


 

Honestly, I would not trade the weekend and that experience for anything right now. As different as well all were we had so many things in common yet could not be more unique as individuals.

We had an amazing dinner out and after..time spent by the fire...eating s'mores and just talking and laughing I realized again...as different as we are...we are all so alike in so many ways!! I needed an experience like this so bad. It could not have happened at a better time for me and the setting could not have been more beautiful. The Montage in Deer Valley is over the top amazing. Nice to see how the "other half" lives from time to time. The time spent with these girls was great but more so the time spent with my sisters and sis in law is pretty much priceless. I have not laughed that hard .....since I can't remember when. Life is nuts right now and this was just the R & R I need to get checked back in to whats really important!!!
S


 
 

 
So excited to be heading to Napa this weekend to spend quality time with my sisters and Momma. I thank Southwest Airlines for reminding me that my trip is "just around the corner" and the thoughtful reminder to pack my bags??? Cant wait to see my sis Robin..missing her like CRAZY!!
So...to my normal Sunday post...food..super simple this week. Grilled some salmon I(again thanks to sweet Tori...this fish is straight from Alaska and so delicious..I am kind of a fish snob..) and grilled chicken thighs. I have some left over fruit and veggies..I am only working 3 days this week then off to Napa I go.
Salmon I rubbed with a some olive oil, garlic greek seasoning of course, lemon and fresh dill.

 

 
Chicken thighs were seasoned with of course...greek seasoning..good ol sea salt and cracked black pepper and garlic.
 
 I am going to try and keep my eating in check until Napa...once in Napa...anything goes...I only get this vacation once a year..its the one break I get from CrossFit and Paleo..I will for sure take many pics to document my journey!!!
 
 Well Folks...I am exhausted...what a whirlwind weekend...and I know the same kind of week is about to hit me. If I have anything to say about how my weekend was spent...NO REGRETS...getting out of your comfort zone has so much more meaning than you can ever know...start the week right-be focused and just be amazing....Work hard...eat clean ish (that is for us going to Napa) and Wod like you mean it!!!!   Croni...OUT!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment