Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quick food "prep" in a pinch...NAPA...ahhh the memories!!!

Robin, Amy, Me, Mom, Kat and Liz..reflections by the fire....

Another girls trip to Napa is "in the books". You can't really complain about spending 6 days in paradise with 5 other amazing women. I appreciate every moment shared.
Paradise


Carnage


I really wanted to document my food journey a lot better than I did. Here is just a short description-imagine being in paradise with access to the best food you can possibly eat. That was this trip. Not one bad meal. And after every meal...all that was left was just carnage... I did have a few favorite meals. I am kind of an odd ball. I usually either order something as a repeat or I go to the other end of the spectrum and order something so very odd. I did have one salad that will be dying to duplicate. It was a Chopped Salad at R & D Kitchen.
Again- I was hoping to get better pics. The food in Napa and Yountville is like nothing you ever imagined. Insanely fresh-at one place I totally fell in love with the ketchup..yes...the ketchup.
And what would a trip be without a few trips to Bouchon bakery? Ok so they have this insane nutter butter cookie. 2 huge cookies with what seems like peanut butter mousse' sandwiched between!! It was delicious. We didn't go too crazy on the bakery this year. I am sure the desserts after dinner more than made up for it. For those who may not know we sometimes run to Bouchon and I believe its 2 miles each way. Mom rides...we run. Which brings me to another point. You can't even get mad running here..the place has scenery for days that is absolutely stunning! So many gorgeous views its crazay!

 
 
AGAIN!! The trip was amazing. I did pretty much enjoy what I wanted and all too soon the reality of coming home..and not just coming home- back to reality AND a heroes wod set in.
Tips in case you do not know this
1. Bread is bad...in any form...bad bad bad...
2. Sugar is bad...bad..bad...bad..
3. Only running 2 times in 6 days ..eh..not so bad...but bad..if that makes any sense
4. Having to work on vacation...blows completely(lucky to have 2 strong team members to back me up)
So coming back obviously I didn't have any food prepped and got in too late to prep. So tonight..grabbed this-
Dad gave me some fish-bless his heart-I had to remind him of the fish give away pecking order- REAL DAUGHTERS FIRST...grabbed a chicken from Costco-the amazing salad mix I love- avocados, eggs and spinach. I grilled the fish, pulled the chicken and some new salsa I think my sis Amy told me is the bomb-ingredients seemed pretty so I am giving it a shot- I am hopeful clean eating will happen the rest of week.
Todays WOD (Lumberjack 20) owned me...humbled me...hurt me..and almost made me cry. I feel bad for people who have not figured out how poor eating impacts their wodding.
 
Well that's it folks..It lack spark I know. I am beat. I found a few new recipes that I am excited to try on Sunday!! Also managed to remember to order my basket so looking forward to being completely back on track.
For my inspirational share-of course..courtesy of CrossFit Lisbeth..considering I just spent 6 days with some seriously bad ass bitches..couldn't be more appropriate...
 

Go F***ing Light up the World                                           

People say fear is a choice.
 
Well, so is ignorance. Stupid is a choice.
 
Being less than yourself is a choice.
 
Dumbing yourself down for others. Lifting less weight because you’re scared of being strong. Snarky gossip. All choices.
 
Keeping your mouth shut when you really want to stand up and take on the forces of hate in this world? That’s a choice too.
 
In my opinion, we spend far too much time on being “good girls” and far too little time on being badass bitches.
 
Imagine what your life would be like if you just said every morning, “Here’s who the hell I am. Time to get shit done.”
 
Hide your light under a basket? Smash the basket. Blind the crowd with your light.
 
Even the Bible says “Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.”
 
Stop hiding. Go f#cking light up the world.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment