Sunday, August 18, 2013

Food prep ...Kind of wishin I was still in Napa....

What were you doing last Sunday at this time??? Me...this is what I did. An amazing dinner-the dinner location was changed at the very last moment and oh man it did not disappoint. This is at Redd Wood. This was a great night!

I am not going to lie - coming back to reality was tough.
Wodding was painful- getting my eating back in check..eh...I did ok. Did manage to sneak in Rancho Tacos last night. I probably shouldn't have but they were delicious and I might have paid for it a little in sprints today.

I am not going to be super wordy today. Going to get right down to business. My recipes are all borrowed. I will post links at the bottom of this post.

Got a GREAT idea from Jo on making dried fruit leather. PUT IT OUTSIDE. It's so hot- and honestly I thought flies would be all over it but nope. I had some plums that were pretty ripe. Threw them in the food processor-poured onto a plastic lined cookie sheet and set out. I started this late so I am going to have to put it out again tomorrow-it's about half way done.

 

I am such a weirdo...I kept looking out at it seeing if it was working...it was.


Bountiful Baskets had some good stuff- lots of yummy fruit!!

I found 2 recipes on PaleOMG that I was super excited to try. Buffalo Chicken Pasta and Thai chicken and mango fried rice.

I made the Buffalo Chicken Pasta first. I was kind of bummed because immediately when I cut into my spaghetti squash I knew it was crap. So I am guessing if you get a good squash the texture would be a little different. I love Franks Red Hot so I used that. The ingredients seem to be pretty clean! The colors in this dish are gorgeous. Hey have you seen the bags of grated carrots? I am not a HUGE carrot person but these are great in a pinch if you are having a craving- quick sweet little snack! 
 






Its hard to see in the pic how it really turned out but is delicious. Tip- again- on the mayo did part olive oil part avocado and I used only about half of the mayo. It seems to not be dry at all and I am sure I can use the mayo with my salad mix and make a little cole slaw for a when I need a break this week.

On the Thai Fried rice. I forgot to buy mushrooms...not a good shopping day for me today..even though I had a list for some reason I just didn't write it down. So I left them out and I opted to add the cilantro right into it.  
 


I opted to also throw burgers and some sausage on the grill - the sausages I will be using in my breakfast (with spinach and eggs) and the burgers again- just if I get burnt out on anything else. Always nice to some cook turkey because you can just throw it in the freezer if you can't or don't eat it.
 
I LOVE LOVE the way my fridge looks on food prep day!!
 
 
 
Hard to believe that I do not have much more to say. It's was a crazy long week and when you work some on the weekend it feels like you just don't really get any down time! IT SUCKS!!!
 
I am starting back strong on my strength progression this week. I am very much looking forward to it. I am looking to get strong and get some new PR's in the next few months...sick of being stuck at 150# power clean for almost a year!
 
CHEERS TO A NEW START AND A NEW WEEK!!! Stay focused and make a concentrated effort to stay on track. If you have a bad day..don't have 2. Turn it around the next day!
Everyone have a great week!!! Croni Out!
 
Does this seem like something I might say??

No comments:

Post a Comment