Sunday, May 19, 2013

Simple and quick food stuff...Loving the Regionals!

Going to TRY and be brief - as if that EVER really happens!!

Jason and Christy take 1st in RX
Team Cam and and Amanda
First just want to say congrats to all the athletes from CF22 that competed in the ThrowDown Friday night at SL CrossFit. And although something kind of strange happened it further solidified what class and integrity all of our athletes have! I will leave it at that. Congrats to Christy and Jason for taking 1st in the RX division. So much fun to watch you all compete. So nice to relax (kind of) from the sidelines and cheer on all 4 of our teams. 

Liz and Amanda...2 strong ass chicks!
Team Matt and Liz
Team Ray and Marci

 So for food business. I was totally stalking PaleOMG's blog this week. Last week a salad recipe caught my eye that I so wanted to try. I will put the links for the recipes at the bottom of this blog before I sign off. I love shrimp salad. My Momma makes this macaroni salad that we literally have grown up on and I thought MAYBE this salad could fill that little void. Especially with summer coming that salad was a staple at all of our family gatherings-its crazy that we all have changed our eating so much. This recipe absolutely did not disappoint. It's delicious. And although I was leery about the apple. I love this! So excited. I think you could add bacon to this too. Anyway. Super delicious. I followed the recipe to the T. I may have been very generous on the vinegar. I bought extra shrimp because my intent was to make bacon wrapped guac and shrimp stuff jalapenos but when I went to go start my grill HOLY STORM! That is going to have to wait. I will be making this for Memorial Day BBQ on Sunday next week. I think all my non Paleo friends won't even realize its Paleo.

 



The other recipe she had that sparked my interest is a Chicken Enchilada Lasagne. I am sad to say that I did not follow the recipe and maybe I should have. I am really trying to keep my weekday eating as clean as possible and this recipe called for a gluten free pasta and cheese. Both of which I omitted. There were a couple of things I could have done differently because this turned out a little soupy. BUT lesson learn. I used chicken thighs and in place of noodles I used zucchini and again..omitted the cheese.
It has amazing flavor and honestly I could have just eaten the chicken right out of the pan without any of the other ingredients. I think after setting overnight in the fridge it won't be as bad. I am kind of light on the food business today. When I make a casserole size dinner-ish meal I end up eating most of the week-this is a strange combo I know-I have some burgers to pair with the salad... I still have some cabbage and lettuce and broccoli from last weeks basket so I will be using that as well. In case you are looking for a place that sells grass fed beef. I found some at Target today. You can get that 3 pack at Costco but if you are looking for something smaller you can get single packages there. They also have grassfed uncured hot dogs....I personally won't be eating them...just sharing..


LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! REGIONALSie- Spencer Hendel is out as well as Kristen Clever. I finally got my volunteer assignment for the SouthWest Regionals that will be here. I am going to be on the "scoring" team. Its going to be a bummer to not be able to watch the whole thing but I feel like this is my time to give back! I got to enjoy watcing my sis Kat compete last year.

I hope everyone has a GREAT week. As always...EAT CLEAN...TRAIN DIRTY!!!
Links for the recipes are as follows:

http://paleomg.com/simple-shrimp-salad/
http://paleomg.com/chicken-enchilada-lasagna/
 








No comments:

Post a Comment