Thursday, May 30, 2013

NSB....what does it mean? ...So excited for REGIONALS!

Stole this from my girl Mandy Rose. Love it. Love her! miss you!


 I like to call people out...not to be confused with...I like it when people call me out. I don't like that much at all, BUT I APPRECIATE IT ONCE IT'S OVER. It's how I have been able to grow. Anyway. I would never do this to hurt someone or to seem malicious and quite honestly I ONLY do it to people I know have a strong desire to get or have more. (this is not criticizing as spoken above)

You all remember Jo right? Jo is one of the people that I love to call out. Why you ask? because she underestimates what she is capable of.

It kind of infuriates me. So here is what brought up NSB. This week I called Jo out on a dead lift weight. I kind of chastised her for going so light when I knew she had gone 25# heavier not 2 weeks before with the same sequence. I got on her and she took it in stride. SO yesterday I went into the gym- and we had text each other earlier that day about a movement in the WOD and she made it VERY clear she was going to go a certain weight (rx) and she did-not caring that it might take her longer-not caring about what other people thought-she had to prove to herself that the desire to do more, get more, give more, was stronger than her desire to scale when she didn't need to. When she wrote her score on the whiteboard at the end of the WOD-she wrote out to the side.. NSB-then she directed me to the board and said "no sand bagging".

So there you have it. NSB- so simple- yet so profound. She made a public statement that she decided not to sand bag that day. So here is what prompts my rant. What are you sandbagging? This doesn't apply to JUST your workouts or your eating. Are you selling yourself short? In any aspect of your life? If so why?

I was recently presented with an opportunity at work that I made the decision to decline. There were many reasons but the thing that kept coming up the most was am I selling myself short? Can I truly make this work and not change the quality of my life that I have worked so hard for? My fear was that I was letting something pass me by that could help me to grow. When I weighed the pros and the cons I just could not accept it. I have spent years of my life being a "pleaser" if you will. A yes girl. It's taken a long time for me to go after what life I truly desire to have. And part of that "thing" I have wanted SO badly was the ability to say no and not feel guilty - going with my gut is what I like to call it. I am doing things outside of work that make me so extremely happy and I want to be able to continue doing those things. I have worked hard to get to this position in my life. And sacrificing my happiness and doing the things I really love to do is just not in the cards. (I think for some reason I needed to get those feelings out in print-whew kind of relates right?)

So here's the deal. STOP FREAKING SANDBAGGING! How in the hell do you ever expect to achieve GREATNESS if you never push yourself? If you never try? I thought about a great analogy for this. Ice Bath. When you first approach an ice bath..oh Lord...it's scary it's awful it might even hurt...but once you get in, breathe a bit (I recommend doing this with coffee in hand AND a sweatshirt on) the fear subsides, the pain subsides and the overall outcome is something you may have really needed. And the next time you ice bath, less fear- less pain-and again the end result - AWESOME! And so on and so forth until you hit greatness! quit sandbagging-start pushing-get to something GREAT- End rant.

AHHHH REGIONALS ARE FINALLY HERE!! Stole this pic from my sis Amy! Setup in progress at the Olympic Oval.

I know some of you have grown tired and bored of this subject. I have been anticipating this for quite sometime. After experiencing this last year with my sister Kat as an athlete competing (very emotional for me-even cried once) I am very much looking forward to giving my time-and enjoying watching all the athletes. This is where amazing things happen. People push themselves beyond where they may have ever pushed before. It will be a different experience this year but I am sure it is one that wont disappoint! I am not shy about how much I love the community of CrossFit. It has changed me and my life in ways I never dreamt were possible and I am so honored and excited to be part of it. So good luck to all the Athletes participating! Can wait to see great things!

One more really important thing. My little Grandbaby..she is perfect isn't she- my son and his wife had the super important ultra sound today and of course...she is perfect. SO EXCITED!
 
Well that's about it. I am out. I won't be posting Sunday for food prep so maybe go back through some of my posts and see if there is something there for you. I am going to be doing 12 hour days pretty much at Regionals. I will be taking photos so when I do post next week-I am hoping to share some great things!
 
FINISH OUT THE WEEK STRONG!! AND NO SANDBAGGING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment