Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cherry pickin...no pics today..just lots of words..

CHERRY PICKING?? WHAT IS CHERRY PICKING YOU ASK?

I am going to let you stew on that for a moment while I quickly get to food stuff.
First-the stuffed peppers..I am thinking that what I thought were anaheims were actually green chile's. At this point I should know the difference but I didn't. So, when I ate my first one I  quickly realized that I should have stripped the skin first. So just a note..if you are making stuffed peppers you may want to throw them on the grill really quick first and char that outside skin-and peel and then stuff. The only problem is keeping the chile in one piece. Anyway I ended up just scooping it out of the outer skin an they are still delicious.

Back to cherry picking...I was tempted to do this today. I am going to use wods as an example but this is really universal. Its simply skipping over something hard, or challenging or something that may really push you outside your comfort zone or something you don't feel like facing...etc etc.
Cherry picking specific to WODS. Its simple really. It's doing the only the wods you "want" to do or wods you think you can crush. LAME!

Today was hard. It was a WOD when I looked at it..to be quite honest..I kind of cringed a little and started considering if I wanted today to be my rest day. BUT I went. And I completed the WOD as prescribed. Today it felt good. I felt like I had a chance to redeem myself on a weight that I had to scale last Saturday. Time meant nothing to me today, could have cared less how fast or slow I finished..simply cared that I proved to myself that I could in fact push the weight.

What are you avoiding and why?
Do you find excuses to not WOD on days we have to run when its hot outside? or there is a movement you don't love? or its a wod that may take you longer to finish?
What about in life? What are you avoiding and why? Do you tackle the easy things and leave the harder things hanging in the balance? If so...stop..stop it now..Start fresh tomorrow. Meet each day head on-take control now before its late and quit your damn cherry picking. (this rant prompted by the lack of people at my box today :)

Week is half way over. I feel focused and my eating has been on point. So good to feel in control again. Hang in there folks! Continue to eat clean, remember the pay off is so worth it. Today I finish with borrowed words.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!! I haven't posted any CrossFit Lisbeth in a while...very much over due. (courtesy of CrossFit Lisbeth)


Pride Goeth Before A Miss — And Other CrossFit Platitudes

Pride goeth before a miss.

The more weight, the merrier.

United we stand, kind of staggered we run.

Don’t rub salt in the wound. Unless it’s a big tear from pull-ups and you like to cry.

If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the noon class.

Too many cooks spoil the meatza.

A watched bar never lifts itself.

Let the bumpers fall where they may.

CrossFit is the spice of life.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Well, you can. But you’re going to feel like shit in the morning.

A big fish in a small box.

Like two peas in a … Wait, you eat peas? Aren’t those a legume?

It only hurts when I laugh. Or breathe. Or open my eyes. Man, that WOD killed me.

Mind over bumpers.

The road to hell is paved with … chippers. F#cking chippers.

Hope for the best, and prepare for double unders.

The barbell is mightier than the sword.

Misery loves company, so same time same place tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment