Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mid week review- just sharing a super cool pic...so happy to know her.

                                           Here is my share.

Please note that Laura has not been CrossFitting even one year yet.
 
Meet Laura Sarle- or as we call her, Amandas Mom. I don't really know the details of her story but I can't help but share this picture. And unlike my sister I didn't ask for permission-sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness. I feel that although as cliche' as it may sound. A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Pretty awesome transformation. And let me just share with you what I do know about Laura. I know that when she first showed up to CrossFit with us crazies, she was petrified..my words not hers. But, she just kept coming back. She works her freaking BUTT off...amongst other things quite evident in the picture. She recently overcame her fear of box jumps! so cool to watch!! She does every wod..every rep-regardless of the clock. She had been restricted by a shoulder issue of sorts yet she kept showing up and she kept do the WODS -being sure to scale and modify when necessary. She is super strong. Watching her get to a 1 rep max on a squat one night was a sight to behold. She had NO IDEA how insanely strong she is. I watched as she obtained her 1 rep max on many things and I watched as her confidence increased. She is always smiling and she has AWESOME FUNNY STORIES to share. She has an amazing attitude and it's awesome to watch her and her daughter WOD together. They have such a close relationship. They fit right in at 22 because as you know...it's family first.
I just wanted to share and say Congrats Laura. We see you- we all see you and we are so proud to know you and to be able to watch this transformation. Keep up the good hard work!
Here is where I get wordy for a moment. I think Laura is valid proof that CrossFit can change you physically, mentally, emotionally. Sometimes you have to embrace things that scare you. Let me insert here what her daughter posted when Kat posted this on the CF22 website. (sorry Amanda!! hope you are ok that I put this out to the universe)
 
"Amanda C says:
Ma, you look amazing. I’m so proud of all your hard work! I can’t explain what a great role model, mom and best friend you’ve been. I can’t thank you enough for all the times you’ve been there for me. I’m so happy that you’ve found something that makes you happy on the inside and out. Keep up all the hard work, you’re doing great!!! I love you."

Its important to point out " so happy that you've found something that make you happy on the inside and out"

Pretty powerful eh? I am not trying to sell anyone on CrossFit-it's an acquired taste. I think I am ranting because I read this complete BS post today and I can't get it out of my head. I will post the link at the end of this..I just wanted to prove to any haters that CrossFit IS for anyone who wants to love it. END RANT

Ok-so clearly on Sunday I was sick so I didn't get much cooking done. TIPS FOR THE POPSICLES!!! For me personally this much coconut milk is a bit much. Next time I make them I will still add the fruit but only fill them up halfway. Tonight it was PERFECT after the brutal Heroes WOD we did today. Sometimes when I WOD when it's hot I don't feel like eating but know I need to get something in until I can. 1/2 of one of these was perfect until I could get my salad made.
Still haven't gotten to the pizza crust so watch for that Sunday. My apologies. That little bout with whatever crawled into my sinus made me miserable for a few days.



Now for something lighter and funny. I have already posted this on FB but I can't stop giggling about it. Sometimes I get a little crazy when a WOD I know is going to kick my trash gets close. I was a little sore today so I text my sis Liz just hoping she would say something profound to get me through. FIRST she send me this...
But then quickly followed it up with this. This totally and completely made my day. Don't ask me why or how. Its my sense of humor.
 

 
Well for not having too much to say I ended up with a lot didn't I.
 
Let me just quickly end with this. Things like the link I am posting below make me crazy. We live in this big huge world- there is space for everything and I do not understand why people have to bag on CrossFit. I shouldn't care but I kind of take it personal due to the fact that my family owns a box. I just found this article a downer and offensive. If you have time and strong stomach give it a read. Its a big big world out there plenty of room for you to do whatever you want! So what if CrossFit isn't a sport...bleh!
 
Its been a tough wodding week..hang in there all-stay focused and if you aren't focused...get there!!
 
Croni out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment