Sunday, June 23, 2013

Make this week count....sprints took me out today!

Its a new dawn..its a new day...and I FEEL LIKE CRAP!!

I have to apoligize in advance for not getting to everything that I promised. I will post all links to everything I intended to do today...but I didn't quite make it.

Went to sprint this morning - it was just Amy Hyatt and I. Thank god she was there because honestly? I probably would have just gone to 22 and done a strength progression instead of running. It was tough- 8 x 300 M sprints where we tried to keep +- 5 seconds and rested the same time it took us to run...seemed fine until about round 5. 10 minutes of bleacher runs. I got through 4+ Amy actually finished 5 even though time was out.

FOOD!!! I am going to keep this simple. I am feeling a bit under the weather. I don't know what flew up my nose and about took me out today. I will post all links to recipes at the end of this post.



Bountiful Baskets: good stuff. Added on the tropical pack. That netted me a coconut, green plaintain, vanilla bean, mangoes, limes, ginger and pineapple. So all of that in addition to my regular basket. Its all good useable stuff except for the potatoes which I gave to the Mr. He will be able to put them to good use. But was I able to do was the popsicles. I added fruit into some of them and I used both of the vanilla bean stalks that I had I haven't tried them yet. they are chilling in the freezer

 

 I expect this will turn out delicious. I also just threw some hot links on the grill and I made some salmon burgers as well- again all recipes will be at the end of the this post. AGAIN...I apologize. I am not sure what I am having a reaction to but I have been miserable all dam day!!



I love this recipe from PaleOMG. I make it a lot during the summer. These salmon burgers are super light and so easy to make. Throw all the ingredients into the food processor and throw them on the grill...easy peasy. I didn't get the chance to make the pizza crust but the one I am trying is posted below. A few things I add to the salmon burgers...garlic and a little red pepper flake...of course!

Here is hoping whatever has me down and out today is gone by tomorrow!!

As ALWAYS!! Eat clean...and please...train dirty!!!

http://paleomg.com/cilantro-salmon-burgers-with-a-cilantro-lime-vinaigrette/

http://www.feedmerachel.com/2013/03/17/coconut-flour-pizza-crust-grainnutsugareggsoydairy-free-paleo-vegan/

http://balancedbites.com/2013/04/easy-recipe-vanilla-bean-coconut-ice-pops.html

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment