Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's gettin HOT out there...eating light and staying hydrated!

WOW!!! It's getting hot outside!!

Now is a time when you really have to listen to your body. Dehydration can happen so fast. The signs are sometimes things we just attribute to it simply being hot outside.
BE AWARE OF WHAT TO WATCH FOR!! Especially for those of us that WOD in the evening and we are running outside when the heat is at its peak!! I took the below things straight from WEBMD.

Symptoms of Dehydration in Adults

The signs and symptoms of dehydration range from minor to severe and include:
  • Increased thirst
  • Dry mouth and swollen tongue
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
  • Confusion
  • Sluggishness fainting
  • Fainting
  • Inability to sweat
  • Decreased urine output
Now some of these symptoms I get simply from wodding so I try and make sure as it heats up I increase my water intake just a little. You don't have to go crazy. If you struggle with getting your water in now is a time to be acutely aware....Off that soap box

Bountiful Basket was great this week.

The only thing I STILL don't know what I am going to do something with is the fennel. I did find a recipe i MIGHT try maybe Wednesday.
http://lowcountrypaleo.com/roasted-beets-fennel-and-garlic-march-paleo-pen-pals-recipe/
Fennel tastes like black licorice to me. Yikes I love black licorice.

Menu is super simple. In addition to my basket I purchased spinach, salad mix (been loving salad at lunch time lately) watermelon, brussel sprouts, that wonderful super salad mix and eggs.

So my basket had anaheims..didn't know what I was going to with them and I just decided to stuff them and bake them! I used Turkey burger, I sauteed a little yellow onion, garlic, jalapeno, and the leftover anaheim from cutting them to stuff  once the onions started turning clear I added, sea salt (not much) coarse ground pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes. Browned my turkey meat then stuffed the anaheims. I covered them and baked them on 375 degrees for approx 30 minutes the smell in the house from the baking anaheims was amazing!! With m peppers this week I will be having kale salad and a little avacado! Going to be delicious!




I also cooked up a piece of salmon.


I intend to use this on my salads. I seasoned it with sea salt and pepper, dill, lemon and greek seasoning..oh and of course red pepper flakes. I let this cook on the top rack on the grill for about 30 minutes as well. I was able to get 6 really decent size pieces. This salmon from Costco remember the skin is already off making it super easy to cook!

My fridge is super happy. I love the way it looks on food prep day!!


That's it. Kind of boring eh? I feel boring today. If anyone wants a good sprint sequence to do this week- here is what we did today..

100 M sprint, rest 30 sec
200 M sprint, rest 30 sec
300 M sprint, rest 30 sec
REST 3 MINUTES THEN:
300 M sprint, rest 30 sec
200 M sprint, rest 30 sec
100 M sprint, rest 30 sec

REPEAT THAT 2 TIMES - total of 4 rounds- then if you are running at Bountiful High 7 minutes of plyo jumps at the amphitheatre ( I think that is what it is called-the cement stairs as opposed to running the bleachers)
There were only 3 of us crazy sprinters today and I was ok I thought until I had to do the 7 minutes. It was great once it was over. One day I will actually be able to jump those stairs the way I am supposed to. I am still stuttering a little.

Oh ya..I decided if I ever quit CrossFit...this is what I am going to do.

Last but not least, remember my little basil and oregano plants that I thought would keep all in the same pot....awww had to replant them all into bigger pots!! Loving it!!
Hard to believe that we are in June already. THIS YEAR IS HALF OVER!!!! Where are you sitting for your goals?? Are you getting done what you had hoped to accomplish?? If not..WHAT IS HOLDING YOU BACK????
Start this week fresh with a renewed sense of who you are and want you want and need to do.
 
AS ALWAYS-EAT CLEAN....TRAIN DIRTY...

No comments:

Post a Comment