Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hacks Pack, Froning and Briggs....Another Comp week for me...Lord give me strength!!

Hacks Pack- insanely unreal to watch!!!!
AWESOME AMAZING SHOWING TEAM HACKS PACK, RICH FRONING AND SAMANTHA BRIGGS!!! Amazing athletes!! So inspiring to watch!!

HOLY CROSSFIT GAMES!!! I seriously feel like I have spent more time inside this weekend than I should have. Which is probably a good thing since I feel like CRAP again!! Not sure what is going on in the air but it seems anytime I WOD outside...I am doomed later that day! HUGE BUMMER. I have NEVER had issues with allergies..but lately..goodness.

I had a pretty awesome setup to watch the games. Seems ghetto I know but at least I was comfy. I sit in a chair in front of a computer all day. At least this way my back got a break. I know it's lame..I moved the bed in my spare room so that I could just relax and watch the games. DON'T HATE!!

Menu is going to be super simple this week. Since I will be competing again this weekend- going to be a little smarter than I was last time and not go overboard on my protein. I am finally getting to where I have a really good balance. So here it is.
Turkey breast...GRILLED
Chicken breast...GRILLED (going for lean meats-will get my fats through other means)
Later in the week I will start to add a little sweet potato. Nothing fancy just baked and mash with nothing added.
AND....
One recipe from PaleOMG-yes of course it's a salad..why wouldn't it be?

Tip on chicken breast- SEASON IT!!! I often hear people talk about how they get so sick of eating chicken..but something on it maybe. I like to season mine early in the day and let it set in the fridge for hours before I cook it. Then I just cook it low and slow. YUM! 
I love to cook my chicken like this because I can bag them individually. They are so easy to grab and go for lunch.
 
 
 
 
This week I am just trying to really keep my eating in check so I grabbed a few of these bags of veggies. When I don't do Bountiful Baskets I have to be careful when purchasing produce to not go overboard. AGAIN, with as busy as I am getting at work and just life- these are super easy to portion off and just throw in a bag for lunch
 
 
I also have to have just a little fruit, mini watermelons go a long long way- this one was gorgeous.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


No treats this week-I never eat treats during a comp week.  For the salad. Ok..the dressing is INSANE. What I opted to do was just cut up all of my produce and then just bag it. I am not adding the chicken or turkey until I am actually ready to eat this goodness. On the dressing I did 1/3 ish cup of olive oil and 1/3 ish cup of avocado oil. I will just be able to pack this salad easier this way and it will just seem fresh when I put it all together. I absolutely love the sesame oil in it. So yummy! 
 

I just add my dressing into the bowl- stir it around and put my sliced turkey right on top. I was surprised at how hearty this was. I love cabbage and I love slaw so this is a good one for me! Recipe link is at the bottom of this post. Also- I opted to skip the almonds on this one. Just a personal preference.
 
I have been feeling like crap - Life has been so busy lately. I am trying to really focus on making myself take some down time. I think after this week I need to really start focusing on my rest time again- I have been pushing pretty hard with 2 competitions that are 2 weeks apart and I am feeling it a little. After this weekend I am going to really focus on making sure I am getting my rest time in because we all know- if you aren't resting like you should be you may not be progressing like you would really like.  I think it really comes down to common sense. If you aren't progressing...take a breath and a step back and figure out why.
 
Here's hoping everyone has a great and successful week- Stay focused...eat clean and work hard!!
Croni...OUT!
 
In closing...I always like to add something....well...something funny ish...
 
 









 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment