Sunday, July 7, 2013

Heroes week is in the books...food for the week!

I am going to try and not get to wordy tonight. I say this often and it rarely happens.

I want to start by just saying...5 heroes WOD's in 5 days will get your mind right. I felt thankful, grateful, humbled, centered, focused...etc.etc..you name it, I felt it this week. So DAM HAPPY that week is behind me. The programming was amazing so kudos to my sisters for that!

Sunday Sprints....OMG!!! time trials kicked my trash today. I had no idea how slow I was. It's fine. I will get faster. Its good to know where you are at. The "cashout" was 25 minutes on the Airdyne. Since I do not have an Airdyne I opted to get on sweet lil brown. For those of you who do not know who brown is..she is my beach cruiser. I opted to take her through Centerville to 5th south in Bountiful-then to the Legacy 5th south trail head back to Pages lane, up through West Bountiful-into Centerville, quick stop at Starbucks and home. It took me about 55 minutes including taking the time to stop and take said photo. I love this ride...even on a bike with no gears..I needed it today.
I literally was home THREE minutes before the dear Lord unleashed his wrath with yet another storm.


Lets get to food. I have a competition in 2 weeks. Unlike any other time I am not quite freaking out. Maybe...JUST MAYBE...I will go into this one calm...odds are against it but I am going to ride it out for now. The qualifier is FRAN. Not super happy about it but at least I know I can do it.
I tried to use as many things from my basket as I could. It was light on veggies heavy on fruit.



Last week I struggled with maybe not eating enough. For the next 2 weeks that just can't happen so I picked my menu accordingly. I want to make sure that I am getting enough protein but also make sure that I am not going crazy.
I opted for something I love...meatballs..GREEK meatballs-Paleo potato salad, watermelon salad and of course..burgers. Sad to say this are all borrowed recipes.

All recipes will be at the end of the post. I have to always give KUDOS to where the recipes come from.
TIPS: the meatballs..made them per the recipe INCLUDING  the feta...with the exception- I used turkey and not beef. But I did use lamb. They are D..E..L..I..C..I..O..U..S!!! This recipe made 24 good size meatballs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




I used all fresh herbs instead of dried and mostly because I have them. My oregano and basil are going nuts right now so I am using as much as I can in my cooking and lets be honest..fresh is SO MUCH better than dried.







Potato salad...***SIGH*** what can I say? I miss this a lot. My Grandma Spanos made the BEST potato salad...sometimes it makes me miss her. Anyway. I made this to the recipe ONLY....I did add bacon. I have never made my own mayo NOR have I ever worked wit Avocado Oil. Which might I add is PRICEY!! This is great. It lacked a little tang for me so I added just a few shakes of red wine vinegar. That seemed to do the trick.




There was plenty of mayo left over so I might just use this with on my burgers. There was some great lettuce in my basket so those will be serving as buns for my burgers this week.
This recipe for "burgers with a kick" is compliments of Maria. If you have not noticed ..I have a quick link to her blog Optimal Nutrition  on my side bar
------------------------------>
She has great recipes amongst other amazing tips!!






With the watermelon salad. Since I am not eating it right away-I simply cut up all the ingredients and put them in separate container including the "dressing" and I will just mix them together when I am ready to eat them.

Breakfast is as follows....HOW SIMPLE IS THIS?? I could not find the rounds they used to in the pic I am ghetto...I used mason jar lids and honestly if you hold them down while you put the egg in at first until it kind of cooks on the bottom...they work great. I opted for turkey sausage that is already in rounds and I premade 5 for the week. I added a handful of spinach...not sure how that is going to reheat. But you see how easy? egg on top and bottom-sausage with avocado in between and some guac...eeeezy peeezy!!

CF22 has a nutrition challenge going on. I am going to peek at the "rules" and try and flex my blog posts accordingly.

In closing...2 AWESOME posts I saw that I stole
AND.....



Looking forward to a week of good clean eating...heavy lifting...good wodding..and overall just feeling like I am still driving the bus and the bus is not driving me!!!

CRONI...OUT!!! Recipes for all food are below!! Have a great week!!

http://www.health-bent.com/beef/paleo-greek-meatballs
http://paleomg.com/4th-of-july-egg-and-potato-salad/
http://paleomg.com/watermelon-and-cucumber-mint-salad/
http://optimalnutrition1.blogspot.com/2013/06/chicken-burgers-with-kick.html

No comments:

Post a Comment