Sunday, July 14, 2013

You had me at "salad"...Comp week...Love the focus ...love the feel...don't love Fran...

Well...its officially competition week for me. Can't say that I am off to a great start...I can say that I hurled after sprints today....It was a delayed reaction...like 2-3 hours delayed. It was hot...sprints were rough but SO SO awesome. I love that when I sprint...that's all it is. It's me..running against me and nothing else. I get kind of a sick little sense of self when I sprint. I love getting there just a few minutes early so I can be one with the track. Today's aftermath proved to be just a little much for me....don't really ever hurl...today was an exception.

Soooo....Thanks to Michelle Clements...I am competing this weekend. The qualifier is FRAN!!! I am happy that I know that I can do it..I am freaked out...knowing how it is going to feel when it is all said and done. I am going to try and not be a complete basket case by Friday and so far, with the exception of one day...my eating and training have been on point. SO!!! I planned my eating this week accordingly.

I LOVE anything that ends with "salad" shrimp salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, potato salad....you name it I love it. So kudos to PaleOMG for having a ton of recipes that I can't resist making when I know I need to add a few extras to my eating for the week- all links for recipes will  be at the bottom of this post.

Breakfast- could not resist trying summer squash pancakes-if you have ever worked with zucchini or squash you know it holds a ton of water. I shredded mine and let it set for a good while on paper towels to absorb the water-Thanks to Jo for letting me steal some zucchini from her. This recipe is great but getting it to bind was a bit of a mess so make sure that you let the water soak out before you try and form the patties. I will be putting a fried egg on this along with some slices of avocado. This is a break from my breakfast norm of spinach and eggs.










The next delicious recipe on Julies blog was a chicken salad recipe. I will be simply just rolling this up in lettuce leafs and or maybe not anything at all. This was so easy- I actually did 1/3 cup avocado oil and 1/3 olive oil for the "mayo" just perfect if you ask me. So delicious and SO SO easy to make. I went ahead and just grilled my chicken and then used that to make my salad.  
















Last but not least- turkey sliders with spicy avocado slaw. I have to say- the pablano with the red pepper and cumin?? AMAZING smells coming off the grill when this is cooking- I got the sliders started then made the slaw while they were cooking-these are so great and the salad is amazing-good blend of spice and crunch.


 
 


Well that's pretty much it for a Sunday Funday. I feel kind of focused and ready to face the week. I am ..in a sick and twisted little way looking forward to competing this weekend. And although I may not make it past Friday night- I love the focus and the mind set I feel when I am getting ready to compete. Since I am going into this one blind not knowing what will happen other than Fran I feel like this is the kick off to a few more comps that will more suited for me (age appropriate if you will...hey I am 46..I own that) and hopefully this wont be a huge downfall for my ego!!




In closing I have one thing I want to add. It couldn't be more clear to me this week what I need to accomplish!!

Everyone have a GREAT week- keep your eye on the prize..whatever it might be!! Eat clean and train DIRTY!!
 
CRONI OUT!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment