Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The legs are weak...the mind is strong...ISH

HOLY HELL!!! Yes I said hell and I am not even going to apologize to my Mom for it. She is probably thinking the same thing. Just when you thought you survived Heroes week at CF22...Wednesday brings you what?? ANOTHER HEREOES WOD?? WITH 111 CHEST TO BAR PULL UPS AND 222 SQUATS...Done. Didn't complain..just pushed through. Had to modify the ctb and went to jumping pull ups. I feel pretty damn spunky tonight in spite of it all. A great week so far..I feel beat up and spit out yet I am still going back for more!! Love it!
This seems like a good place to insert something funny..
BWAA HA HA  CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!!

Remember when I told you I was going to change up on Wednesdays? the reason being is that I should be working right now. I am going to get back to work right after this post. Things are getting busy at work-it's awesome but definitely cuts into my blogging time. SO today you get a share of something that hit me hard today AND- a review and a peek on food.

TIPS FROM SUNDAY FOOD:

1. The potato salad is divine! Things I may change if I make it again- maybe add some celery and fresh dill and I may opt to coat the sweet potato in olive oil instead of coconut oil. I just find it kind of sweet-overall a GREAT GREAT option if you are missing good ol potato salad. Also-if you do not have or want to purchase avocado oil-you can use olive oil. I read it on Julies blog. (PaleOmg) he he I call her Julie like we are home girls!


2. The burgers are amazing. Got home kind of late tonight-this was my go to meal at 8:00 I heat it for 1 minute- throw it between two large slices of lettuce with mustard..YUM! 
 

 3. The breakfast faux McMuffins are great but they don't freeze that well.

WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO FOR SUNDAY?
What did she do with that eggplant?
Another frozen snack with bananas, sunbutter and enjoy life-compliments of Riley McBride
AND...a rant on ...are you doing too much??? If you are not progressing....you might be...


Well that's about it- In closing..it's crazy how sometimes things just SPEAK to you. I am following a lot of different motivational things on Facebook now but it seems..CrossFit Lisbeth always gets me in the gut.
This is so me. It was me today, it was me yesterday - its me when I run, it's me when I face something I know could very possibly push me to that DARK place I hate going. I removed the awesome pic of Lisbeth deadlifting and inserted a photo of me running (thanks Maria for the pic..I stole it), sprinting, giving it my all...yet I still managed to quit before the 50..always slowing down just a little short instead of running through like I know I should. I need to find my redline folks. I have been afraid of it for SO long...but if I want to get better...I need to find it....

"Do You Do This?

The bargaining always begins in Round Two. The deals, the allowances, the revised strategy.

You attack Round One like a lion, a predator, a master of all you survey. 15 deadlifts? No problem. Unbroken. You rip onto the next movement and tear at the flesh of it. Screw you, kettlebell. You are a beast. You are going to destroy this WOD. Toes-to-bar don’t stand a chance now. Hard gaze, steely eyes. You have SO got this. You are a machine.

Then it happens. You finish that first round, but now your breath gets short, your hands start to hurt a little, your soul takes a big punch to the throat. Pain is here. And suddenly, life is really f*cking hard.

And that’s when you make the deals. That’s when you start to bargain with yourself. “I should break this round of 12 into 2 sets. Do 6. Let go of the bar. Save my grip.”

It seems to make sense … but the real question is: Are you bargaining because it’s smart? Or because you’re tired? Because you’re suffering? Because you’re scared of how much more it’s going to hurt?
Is your new plan in reaction to what is happening? Or is your new plan in anticipation of what will happen? Are you being smart, or are you being a pussy?

I don’t have that answer. You don’t have that answer … yet. But you need to find it. And, once, you find it in your WOD, then you need to find it in your life. Because if you do this bargaining in the gym — if you fade, if you make yourself a deal when things become difficult, if you settle — then you’re probably doing it in your life too. And that’s the real shit you need to figure out.

Imagine what your life would be like if you really knew where your red line was at. If you knew when to use your power and when to back off, if you knew how much your heart could really take, how much you could suffer, how much you could love, how beautiful you really could be. Imagine if you really knew yourself.
Now, go find out."

Well that's it. Hump day is over and we are on the downhill slant of this week. Continue to WOD hard and try to eat clean..WE ALL KNOW its what makes us feel better!

Croni- OUT!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment