Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Be thankful for Freedom.

MAN!! I love this flag!!! I love everything about it. I couldn't be more proud to be an American. We are so blessed to live in this country. I could go on and on but thankfully I do not have to. Someone else ranted for me and I am sharing it with you today. Granted most of my readers have access to this already but for any who don't, I feel the need to share. This was posted on CrossFit22's website today by a pretty great person who even though he doesn't even know, I honestly have a lot of respect for. There are a lot of reasons but mostly he is seriously one of the nicest people I have ever met. He has many great attributes, far too many for me to get into on this page. So ...David I am sorry if you didn't want this out in the universe, I couldn't help but share...it's just that moving and profound. ALSO...at the end of his rant...I post my FAVORITE picture of my baby bro Matty. Who gave so many years of his life in service to the Army-I have mad respect for him and love him for the sacrifices he made while in service to this country. So sorry peeps..no food advise today..Just life stuff. Ok ONE little piece of advise. If you make my treats - the banana ones...freeze 2 and give the rest away..they are that good! TOOT TOOT (that is me tooting my own horn!)

David says:

July 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm

As I was driving home from the box this morning I had some thoughts I wanted to write down at some point today. I thought I’d go ahead and post them as well. I’m not sure exactly why I feel compelled to do this today, but please excuse me while I wax patriotic for a moment.

I feel blessed beyond measure to live in this country. For all the good and for all the bad, we are still the greatest country on this earth. We enjoy a freedom and a way a life that has never been seen in the history of civilization. Every once in a while we need to stop, put politics aside, and remind ourselves how blessed we are to live here and realize the miracle it is to be American.

The HERO WODs this week have been a needed reminder to me of the blessing it is to live here and the gratitude I have for those who have fought for this country. On July 2, 1776, the day the Continental Congress declared independence, George Washington said, “The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves….The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army.” We are part of the unborn millions Washington referred to. We are freemen because of the sacrifice of those true heroes who fought under General Washington and all those who have put on the uniform since then.

To those who don’t understand our little CrossFit family it could sound quite strange to say, “a workout made me patriotic today!” But, I’m guessing I’m not the only one who has thought of the great sacrifice of those who have given all as we’ve been hurting through “Holleyman,” trying to get an extra breath through “Bradley” and searching for strength through “McGhee.” We still have “Arnie” and “Bruck” this week and I hope through each of those workouts I can experience the sense of pride and gratitude I have felt already this week.

I guess the reason I felt the need to post this is I wanted to say “thanks.” Thanks to my CF 22 family. The Box and the HERO WODs this week has helped ease my cynicism and the pessimism I sometimes feel towards this land we live in. I have been reminded how truly blessed we are to live in this country.

I’m also pretty amazed how great our little corner of the world is. I feel pretty lucky to be around people who love this country, honor those who have served and sacrificed, and overall try to be… well… decent people. We are part of an unusual and wonderful little community.

My apologies for the long rant. Just had to get that off my chest. Now go and blow some stuff up and BBQ a hot dog to really feel American!"


Pretty amazing stuff right? I can't really add much more to that. Everyone have a SAFE and happy 4th. Remember what this day is for and be thoughtful and thankful. Again- we truly are blessed!!
Croni....out.




No comments:

Post a Comment