Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A idea for a great frozen treat..and why not?

I will start out with a super quick treat idea. I think I actually got this from my sister Amy. Those blueberries that have been so delicious at Costco? Snack bags... fill them...throw them in the freezer...about 3 pm when I am needing that little sweet sugar fix-they seem to do the trick. Its my new favorite thing this week and honestly it helps me to not waste. I can throw whats left in the container into the freezer before they go bad.

This is going to be quick. I don't have alot to blog about. I can only brag every so often about how strong I am getting. Today in a WOD I had to pull a 95# snatch 6 times(also had to pull 12 reps at 85 and 24 reps at 75). AND I DID IT!!! I love Oly lifts. I love everything about them even if my form is not what it needs to be. I am taking an Oly class as often as I can and am hoping to correct some really bad habits that I have.
This is a picture I actually took. I pushed that sled. and I loved it

Someone once asked me why? Why do I "want" to lift heavy weight...to which I replied..."why not?" To me it's really not complicated at all..I push myself-I work on form, I get stronger. If I don't want to get stronger...what am I lifting for? I am always the first person to say that CrossFit isn't for everyone, but it is for me. I have had actually had people seem surprised when I tell them we actually do lift heavy weights at CrossFit or that we have something called "CrossFit totals" which is a combined total of lifts and your goal is to get that number LARGE! Our box actually programs a strength class on Tuesday and Fridays that is designed for exactly that, STRENGTH.

I could care less if you don't think lifting weights is "cool" I am not trying to be cool I am trying to get strong...back to why? because ...that's why. It's usually people that maybe have some major insecurities that ask such silly questions..why..pshaw...again.. WHY NOT???

I have a really good before and after coming up. I am not sure if I will post it this week. It will have good pictures...but the story, is more along the lines of overcoming ones fears than it will be of weight loss or anything weight related.

Happy Hump day..we are almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment