Friday, January 11, 2013

What I ADORE about being a part of an amazing CrossFit Community

My blogging ideas are a little slow this week. So I am super excited that this came up. 
This is one of the MANY things I love about being part of such a valid part of the CrossFit community. 
Last week we wodded to raise funds for the victims of Sandy Hook, in October we participated in Barbells for Boobs selling shirts that were donated to raise funds to pay for mammograms for women in Utah who might not otherwise been able to afford them. These are just a few of the things oh so MANY things that I get to take a part in since making my sisters and brother in law opened this box. 
Here is yet another opportunity for us to pull together and make a difference. This story tugged at my heart strings ALOT. Those of us that have had the opportunity to raise happy healthy children- some to adulthood and some still being raised, have NO idea what this must be like. So this is what I love. I give 30.00 I get a cool t-shirt..I do what I predict to be a wod that will probably suck the attitude right out of me and maybe MAYBE I help contribute to something that might make this families life just a little better. 
So here it is. I invite you to not only purchase a shirt http://dfslifestyle.com/store/ I encourage you to get your butt to CF22  on February 2nd and participate in this WOD. It's always a good time- See detailed info below:
Put yourself into this situation for a minute. You go to bed one night and everything is fine and normal. You have four beautiful children with a baby due in about a month’s time. The next day you wake up and one of your boys isn’t doing to well. You take him to the doctor for what you think is a routine visit. Come to find out that Dr’s visit is about to dramatically alter your life forever!
Meet one of our heroes, Alex. This handsome young man is 5 years old. Alex has what the doctors’ call Glioma, which is essentially a cancerous tumor on his brain stem. This is the most aggressive type of tumor in the worst of places.
We were contacted by Jake to put together a shirt for Alex. I went to the Facebook page for Alex and read the blog they had about him. What an incredible young man. I can’t even being to imagine what he and his family has had to endure this past couple months. I could only think about my own daughter and son while reading this. At that moment I knew that we had to do whatever we could to help this family out.
Alex is just a normal boy who loves boy things. On February 2nd at CrossFit 22 in Bountiful we will be doing a special WOD for Alex. Cancer is stealing his child so together we are going to fight for him, to let him know he is not alone in this fight! Unfortunately the cost of treatment is very expensive. We have created a shirt for Alex to help cover a portion of the cost. 100% of the proceeds will go to Angels For Alex. Please go to dfslifestyle.com/store to donate and buy a shirt to show your support for Alex. Share this with as many people as you can! Let’s help this wonderful family out!
The silhouette is actually of Alex. The little red hand on front symbolizes a child’s hand holding a silver ribbon, which is actually the ribbon for Brain Cancer, the same type of cancer Alex has. The superman symbol on the silhouette is there to show strength, not to mention what little boy doesn’t like Superman. On one sleeve there is a fighter chopper and on the other is a fighter plan to represent the type of fighter Alex is. The theme of “not all angels have wings” is there motto. Please show your support and purchase one of these great shirts for this great family and incredible child! All proceeds will go to Angels for Alex. Shirts are printed on American Apparel 50/50 material.

No comments:

Post a Comment