Sunday, January 13, 2013

The ruling on the field stands...

What a fantastic football weekend eh?? Loved that my Niners won! Bummed that Smith isn't playing but I guess they have to do what they have to do.  I  love that saying "the ruling on the field stands!" Not sure why. I just do


My menu for this week is super simple, breakfast crockpot, paleo pizza and turkey burgers. Simple right? 


Here are my staples I picked up at Costco this week. Sticking with the turkey, blueberries, eggs, brussel sprouts and this week I added this GINORMOUS bag of kale. I am one of those strange ducks that can actually stand to eat this. I love to chop it up and add it to my salads but this bag is huge so I am splitting it with Jo.


Eggs, blueberries, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, ground turkey and KALE!

Here's the skinny on Kale. Super easy way to cook it. Steam it..I do not have a steamer pan but you can put some in a gallon ziploc with just a touch of water and zap it in the microwave for a few-to your liking. I then get a frying pan throw in some olive oil, a little garlic and red pepper flakes-throw in that kale and get it all wilted. Add a little sea salt and ta daaa!! delicious green side. 
This week-all my recipes are borrowed for the most part. I was SO EXCITED when Maria posted this breakfast crockpot recipe. I didn't have to think twice about the fact that I was absolutely making this and sharing it. 
Super easy to make and honestly I love it when I do not really have to purchase ingredients I had all of them. I cook my crockpot meals in my garage but the aroma of this one-holy cow!! Delicious! I almost wanted to eat it for dinner tonight!

http://optimalnutrition1.blogspot.com/#!/2013/01/sausage-egg-slow-cooker-casserole.html
This is the sausage I opted to use- I did half and half ish you can get this at  Smiths



My seasonings of choice
The finished product. So much better tasting than it looks!!


I sometimes miss pizza. I made this crust about a year ago and I remembered loving it. I use this recipe for the crust only. I add my own ingredients just because I am super picky!
http://everydaypaleo.com/everyday-paleo-pizza/
I love that this crust actually has Rosemary in it. 
My tips, once you have the crust made make sure that you have greased up that pan. Roll the ball and put it in the center of your pan, get your hands wet and push the dough flat from the center you will probably have to wet your hands up a few times to get it all flattened out, then once its to the edges pat the entire crust until it's nice and flat. It tends to be thick in places, I just work with it.

Today I purchased tomato sauce. Just be careful if you choose to be lazy like me and not make your own. There are a few brands of sauce that DO NOT have sugar. Hunts has one of them. I still worry about all of the other crap but again, I was being lazy. 
Then just add the ingredients on top you want. For me today it was turkey burger (about 1/2 package) cooked with some basil, and remember the sausage from the breakfast recipe? I had 3 leftover and I used 1/2 of each kind browned it a little and threw it on top as well. I layered it with kale, mushrooms, yellow squash, red pepper, roma tomatoes, red onion, calamity olives sliced and just about 2 tablespoons of goat cheese. Yes I know it's dairy. This is one occasion where I might splurge a little. 
I pile it high because honestly I push the crust so thin I need to have some substance on top so I feel like I actually ate something!
My veggies.
The amazing finished product
Tips on almond meal. Just use your food processor and grind up whole almonds and make it yourself. I have never tried making this using almond flour in place of almond meal but I would think that you can.

With my leftover turkey I just broiled up a few burgers. I add the same ol seasonings as I do for everything else. I love to use some butter lettuce as my "bun" lots of mustard- a little avocado and occasionally dill pickle slices.

Looking forward to WODDING this week. I am feeling probably 95% better and it will be great to workout feeling a little better.
The open is getting closer and I am getting so excited. I have alot to work on but I am getting stronger and my endurance isn't doing too bad either- LOVE IT. Last week I actually ran some tempos for the first time in a while. Running on the treadmill sucks but I had to get some running in. Can't wait to share this with my friends this week. I think we could actually row this sequence as well. 
Well that's enough for a Sunday. Good luck to everyone this week. 
My tip for the week- (my opinion of course) You can't be all on all the time. You are going to have weak moments. You are going to have off workout weeks. TRUST ME I KNOW. What you have to do is get through it and get back on track. Don't wait a week or 2 weeks or wait for a new month. Turn the page, get over yourself and get right back on track. That's it. It's that simple. 

Have a great week- eat clean and WOD like a boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment