Friday, January 4, 2013

Deliriousness on Delsym..


The sickness continues. I finally had to drag myself to InstaCare last night only to find out that I have a virus that can't be treated with antibiotics. Basically I am on a triple mix for my horrible sore throat, which I have to admit..it's the bomb and Delsym. Who knew? I learned through this illness that the basic things we did as kids still work. Throat hurts? gargle with warm salt water. Feel feverish? the old cool towel on the forehead still works to relieve that. I had a moment last night where I was shivering, sweating, puking and crying all at the same time.
I am happy to report today I feel a little bit better. I wouldn't wish this virus on my worst enemy.
Last night I actually played this little game on TV because what else do you do when you are laying around losing your mind...I would switch from station to station and pick out people who I thought would be fun to CrossFit with. That was when I knew I was losing it! I blame it on the meds.
I have wodded ONE time this week. Once. I feel like a slug. I know that I need to rest and if I don't it will just drag on forever. But honestly I feel like I have lost of week of training I will never get back. My goal for this year is to try and finish in the top 100 women in my age group in the CrossFit Games open and losing an entire of week of training freaks me out.
So here is my schpill for today- LISTEN to your body. If you are feeling terrible don't be like me and wait 6 days to get a diagnosis especially if you are getting progressively worse with each day that passes. Rest, fluids, downtime. They all work. ALSO they are talking about this virus on the news so you know it's a big deal.
That's it. That's all I have for this Friday.
I saw someone post this and I loved it so I stole it! LOVE IT!! couldn't agree more!!




No comments:

Post a Comment