Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meatza and Mash..and oh..THE OPEN REGISTRATION IS HERE!!!

I normally do all my food posting on Sunday. But, I promised twice baked cauliflower and I might as well throw in a meatza!

The Meatza is a recipe that I got from Andy Gunther and then just kind of tweaked it a little. The things I love about meatza, easy to make, very tweakable with any ingredients, easy to pack but most of all delicious and FILLING!!!
Push the meatza crust all the way out to the end of the pan-you may want a  pan or foil underneath to catch juice


The "crust" ingredients I use are ground turkey and that turkey hot italian sausage that I love so much. 
Here is my take for this recipe
1 pkg ground turkey
3 links turkey italian hot sausage(any sausage is fine I am sure)
almond flour
egg
seasonings of your choice (I use greek, garlic, pepper, and sometimes basil and rosemary)
Mix all this goodness together- REMEMBER that the flour and egg are to bind only don't go crazy.
I cook the crust on about 350 for about 20 minutes or so-when it comes out, don't be shocked here, I drain all the juice off and blot it with paper towels. Trust me. You will want to do this.
The toppings can really be anything. My staples are:
green pepper
kale
red pepper
yellow squash 
onion
mushrooms
kapers or olives

Tomato sauce can be easy or complicated. This time I opted for easy I took a small can  of diced tomatoes and added some tomato paste to give it that robust tomato flavor and gave that a whirl in the food processor. Otherwise you can cut up your tomatoes with some onion and basil roast them then also throw them in the food processor. Again-you can do anything with recipe that is why I love it.
Put your sauce on, load it up with toppings and then cook it for approx another 20 minutes or so to your liking.


The finished product is delicious!
Next. I promised twice baked cauliflower. I have a few tweaks for this. For you challengers if you are avoiding dairy -not a recipe for you. i was able to tweak out some of the dairy but not all of it. So this might be on that will have to wait for some of you or if someone can figure a good nondairy substitute for yogurt? Here is the link for this recipe

My recommendations- I made this to the recipe with the exception that I used coconut milk and on the cheese I sprinkled just a very little tiny bit of grated pepper jack -orange cheese gives me the heebie jeebies. I also would HIGHLY recommend using maybe real or bottled crushed garlic and not use the powder and either pull WAY back on the salt or omit it completely. It was SUPER salty.

Delicious-just realized I took the pic before I put the scallions on-don't skip this they kind of make the dish!
And...last but not least...HOLY SHIZ!!! THE REGISTRATION FOR THE OPEN STARTS TODAY-GET SIGNED UP...DON'T WASTE A DAY THINKING ABOUT IT. GET COMMITTED TODAY!! I made a little video-I think more for self motivation than anything. I had to text Terry and Mandy Rose last night because a year ago Mandy had to literally twist my arm to get me to even consider doing the open. And Friday Night Lights won't be completely the same without the Roses' but knowing they are pulling for ALL of us makes it ok I suppose :) 
Guys we have been working SO hard. This is our time. Our time to show what we all are made of. I would encourage you, if you have even thought about participating you just sign up and do it. You will watch our box transform into something you have NEVER seen before and you will have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE. If you don't, you can sucker punch me!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLpe0ynzYs&feature=player_detailpage
Happy Wednesday All- so excited for March and the Open!! Lets all work hard and smart and get our minds and body ready and avoid all injuries!! Eat Clean and of course TRAIN DIRTY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment