Sunday, January 20, 2013

No food tips today...just a little food for thought

I normally am cooking all day on Sundays and am working on the blog. Today I decided since tomorrow is a holiday and I do not have to work...I was going to kind of rest. I watched the Niners work their way to the superbowl and I did something I love. Threw some weight around.
My day started at CF22. I so badly felt the need to do my CrossFit totals again. Not sure what wild hair I had. So I suckered in some friends and got to work. SO GLAD I DID THIS. Not only did I get to see this....My brother Matty getting a new PR on his OH (25# increase at 275#) but I also have gotten stronger as well.



For those of you who know nothing about the overhead squat. It's one of the most difficult and technical squats there are. This one movement will quickly reveal every fault you have in your squat form. So kudos to my bro. He is always pushing by example to be better.
My new CrossFit totals look like this 
Back squat 205# 10 # increase
Strict Press 95# 5# increase
Dead Lift 255# 5# increase, NOT super happy about this because 1 month ago this was my 3 rep max. I wont let it get to me. Some days are diamonds..some days are not. I will take my increases!
All 3 of us ladies that were there today PR'd. GREAT job Shannen and Amanda.

Next. My son sent my this link-I guess you could say that my obsession with Ray Lewis continues. I found this to be extremely inspirational. 

"to be the best and stay there, SWEAT is necessary" and "....leave your mark to endure forever!" 
2 of the things he says I love. Crazy that this is just his speech for Madden 13 right?? 

I will posting recipes an food for the week tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment