Saturday, December 29, 2012

Angels vs. Angels..its a matter of personal preference..

So in one of my earlier posts I made mention of occasionally hearing people say they wouldn't want to look like my sisters and this is specific to their buffness. If that's a word. I said more info or maybe a story or pics would follow.
This is the follow.
I can say in all honesty to most people who say this to me that it would take years of serious training, running, lifting, eating right...the list goes on and on to get you to the point to look like them. Most people do not have the where with all nor the drive to get there. I believe there are men and women out that there that truly believe that being or appearing muscular takes away from a woman's femininity and I am sorry I call BULLSHIT.
I guess at some point that could be true. However, on the flip side of that...does being emaciated do the same thing? does being too thin not do the same thing only in different way? Its all a matter of personal preference.
When I started to post this I thought the perfect comparison would be the Angels....as seen below:
 
I mean really...they do not look that bad..slightly toned...maybe a little thin? not sure...but what about this..what if you look at these real life pics..of my sisters of course...does this look manly or not feminine? (doing this in order of age so don't get it confused with favoritism)
My sister Amy (bar muscle ups anyone?)
 
My sister Liz..(burpees look so good on her)
 
My sister Kat (regionals at 40 anyone?)
 
How do these "angels" compare to the ones above?
 
Or these ones? How is this not feminine? are these the same people?


I guess my point is...it's all a matter of personal preference. I look at the pics of my sisters and I am in awe. They are my angels...if I had to aspire to look like anyone?? it would be them. Strong, muscular..yet you put a dress on them and they are still SEXY AND YOU KNOW IT...WE WORK OUT...(very lame and cliche' but so very very true!)
Thats my post for today..could take a while to digest the simplicity of it all!

I have some great recipes peeped out for tomorrow and maybe even something Cuban for Mary..she wants in and I happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment