Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chicken and Watermelon..A Before and After Parte Dos

 
I said I would be doing before and afters. I am excited SO EXCITED to share these stories on my blog. And no they wont always be mine-and I would invite anyone who might peek this if you know of someone that I may not have exposure to that has a great before and after that promotes healthy lifestyle habits-I am open to consider them, they do NOT have to be CrossFit and Paleo related.

First-CHICKEN AND WATERMELON!! So on Sunday I told you that I decided to change my fruit up a little. I bought the small melons from Costco they aren't great but they are ripe and still very edible..Ok my fav dinner-2 nights in a row-pulled rotisserie chicken..some mixed greens and watermelon!! I used enough greens that I didn't have too much room for fruit but dang it was delicious. I also realized I forgot to share my "greek" dressing recipe-is my staple salad dressing-I prefer it to any dressing. Super simple. Olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon-with of course greek seasoning. Its delicious and honestly even with fruit in your salad tastes great.

Jo Jo Barbells for Boobs Saving 2nd base Oct 2012
ok..BEFORE AND AFTER PARTE DOS-MEET JO

I picked Jo for a few reasons. First, she has an incredible before story. Before I met Jo at CrossFit22 I had no idea she was training with my sister Kat and to be quite honest it did take a while for her to grow on me and for me to really get to know her..I am just that way.
I do however remember a story about how when Kat first had Jo running as part of her training (this was pre CF22 when kat and liz were training out of Liz's basement) She told a story about how when she started she just had Jo run mailbox to mailbox. Hard to believe because a few weeks ago I chased Jo on a mile run that netted us a 7:40 mile. Certainly my fastest ever. She was running like someone snatched her purse and I was trying like hell to keep up with her. Also hard to believe because we ran the Ogden 1/2 marathon this past May and she smoked me. She passed me I think about mile 8 and as much as I tried to keep pace with her it just did not happen she finished 2:04. I believe with me 5 minutes behind her. Pretty amazing for someone who could only run mailbox to mailbox a few years ago. It's been a year of many firsts for Jo including an over 200# dead lift which took her out of the game for a bit.
Things I like about Jo. She is so unsure of herself. Why do I like this? it gives me the opportunity to push her. She is a good friend. She genuinely cares about people. She is always smiling and goofy and she likes to use the word "whiskey" alot.
Also-she is a silent sufferer. We are kindred spirits. We are often referred to and the Jo Hos, dumb and dumber..you name it there are names. Jo has participated in many of the Paleo challenges that CF22 has had and she has had so much success. What I admire about her is the fact that she will be forthright when she is failing or having a tough time..when she didn't food prep..AND when she eats 6 truffles while she is supposed to be doing a 21 sugar detox..oh wow...I have a pic of that.
 
This little antic of hers cost myself and Amanda a wod. But at least she was honest about it and begged for help I might have dropped the F bomb at her and threatened an intervention.
Theres alot more to Jos story but I am going to leave it with this. She got on the ride...she buckled up..she trusted her coaches and trainers-she wasn't afraid to try and today..she looks amazing and you can tell she feels amazing. She has had many life changing experiences over the past year. And here a just a few pics that reflect them. Love you Jo Ho! Hope I did you proud. 2 are pics of before and after from a Paleo Challenge August 2011. Another after more recently like within the last 30 days. Ogden marathon-a great before pic of movie date with the girls (miss you Mandy and Kris) and last but not least my FAV pic of Jo from B4B(pic is at the top). Enjoy and be amazed!
 
 
 
 
 



 

 


4 comments:

  1. Great Success story Joni. Jo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chocolate all over my face! This story is soooo me

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Matt she looks amazing and she has worked her tail off!
    This is you-not too much..not too little!

    ReplyDelete